14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2011 4:44 PM by AdmiralBing RSS

Any support for new AT&T UVerse router? Cannot connect. Or is it the new CISCO box?

AdmiralBing

Just switched from Comcast (which worked perfectly w/iPhone)

to UVerse (to get more viewing choices) and now cannot connect.

The AT&T "set top receiver" is a CISCO/Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD.

The AT&T router is a 2WIRE 3800HGV-B.

There is no dropdown choices for either in the Slingbox set-up.

I don't know which box is preventing the connection.

Anyone know what to do next without going around and around in endless circles???

And why can't Sling simply post the fix so we can get going already???

• Re: Any support for new AT&T UVerse router? Cannot connect. Or is it the new CISCO box?
          eferz Expert

If reading from your other post, I believe the problem you're experiencing is from the Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) with the Setup Assistant and the router.  The Setup Assistant is trying to automagically configure your router with the uPnP protocol.  Most of the time the symptoms you've described is  due to an older implementation of Universal Plug and Play on the router.

I recommend checking with the router manufacturer to see if there is a firmware update.  If there isn't a firmware update for the router to resolve the uPnP problem, then I suggest to disable Universal Plug and Play on the router while you use the Setup Assistant's "Advance Manual Configuration" for remote viewing of your Slingbox.

• Re: Any support for new AT&T UVerse router? Cannot connect. Or is it the new CISCO box?
              AdmiralBing

Thank you for responding.....but could you please add a bit more info.....

I recall that portion of the set-up.

Before I go into that yet again, could you tell me

what  the next step/screen is; what are they asking for next?

So I can remember what I responded with.

I've repeatedly gone in circles with this already and confusion is setting in!

eferz Expert

The next screen is pictured below.  Sling Media may or may not have have instructions on how to perform for your specific router.  If your router manufacturer and model doesn't appear then click the checkbox for "My router is not listed" and click then "Next" button

manual-settings.jpg

The next screen summeries your specific Slingbox information; Mac Address, private IP address, port number and all the other relevenant information for you to create a port forwarding rule on your router.

advance-manual-2.jpg

Here is a webpage (http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/SlingBox/SlingBoxindex.htm) that will help you in manually creating a port forwarding rule on your router.  Look for your specific router model number under the list for step  by step instructions.

Port Forwarding: http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000068.html

Manual Changes: http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000126.html

AdmiralBing

Well I went back in there AGAIN and the next screen in the top dropdown asks for my router brand which is there,

and the bottom box asks for the model which is not there.

So then it asks to manually make changes.

The next screen shows addresses and ports.

There is no clue on which to change, or what to change to!

When this is skipped over nothing gets accomplished.

Every seemingly step has a dead end.

eferz Expert

AdmiralBing wrote:

Well I went back in there AGAIN and the next screen in the top dropdown asks for my router brand which is there,

and the bottom box asks for the model which is not there.

So then it asks to manually make changes.

The next screen shows addresses and ports.

There is no clue on which to change, or what to change to!

When this is skipped over nothing gets accomplished.

Every seemingly step has a dead end.

The next screen has nothing to change because it simply summeries your  specific Slingbox information; Mac Address, private IP address, port  number and all the other relevenant information for you to manually create a port forwarding rule on your router.  This is because once you have setup your Slingbox for local viewing, it is the responsibility of your router to grant internet access to your Slingbox.

Here is a webpage (http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/SlingBox/SlingBoxindex.htm)  that will help you in manually creating a port forwarding rule on your  router.  Look for your specific router model number under the list for  step  by step instructions.

You can also test the router configuration from this webpage (http://www.canyouseeme.org/), but the final screens of the wizard will test your port forwarding configuration.

advance-manual-3.jpg

If you created the port forwarding rule correctly in your router then you'll see this as the final screen.

advance-manual-4.jpg

AdmiralBing

Well....I had trouble figuring out what.which the "old" IP address was.

Although the Sling software program kept accepting entries, the picture of my live TV on the left side disappeared

and words said it couldn't find the slingbox.

However, I got super excited because the iPhone finally was receiving the signal and changing stations!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it stays "fixed". I'm afraid to shut down everything! I hope I don't have to find you again!

Like everything else concerning this I'm not sure what all happened, but after two long days of my constantly working on this,

you're taking the time to help me did the trick.

I don't know who or where you are, but THANK YOU!

AdmiralBing

Just as I suspected...turned off everything and it cannot connect again.

So I'm back to nothing.

This is extremely difficult.

I do not know what to do.

I'm so disappointed. But I don't know if it's with AT&T, Slingbox

or postings that seem to leave out steps!

I can't believe that no one else in the whole world has this problem!

eferz Expert

You're going to have to be more specific on what's going on right now.

There's a current problem with the Sling servers described in this offical thread (https://community.sling.com/message/14266#14266).   It describes the current service interruption to be a part of the  problem of Sling Accounts.  While I'm not sure it is relavant to your  issue, you might consider watching that thread for further updates on  the issue.  As the there are about seven servers that which the Sling  Media ecosystem are dependant.

1. analytics.sling.com
                                      2. autoupdate.sling.com
                                      3. ms.sling.com
                                      4. secure.sling.com
                                      5. services.sling.com
                                      6. sparcs.slingmedia.com
                                      7. relay.sling.com
                                          dkmatejka

you seem to know what's up, so....

i've tried attaching the remote sensors everywhere on the cable box where there appears to be a sensor behind the glass, but i cannot get the remote control to work.  everything else works just fine, and the proper remote is displayed.  any suggestions?

i've got a solo with u-verse.

thanks!

AdmiralBing

After lots of reading up on this, I have gotten nowhere.

Again, everytime I stumble on a plausible answer for a fix, it's a dead end again.

When I click on the Slingplayer icon and then click on connect, connect to Slingbox,

it says it has not been configured, although it still knows all my account info, codes, etc.
                                            When I start working through the Set-up Assistant, I can see the live TV on my computer

and can change stations, but cannot get it to configure to my iPhone to set up internet viewing.

It tries and tries then finally asks for the router user name and password I'm no longer sure of

since it doesn't take anything I enter, then spirals me back to the previous page that orignally did not help.

Then, the other holdup is on the Set-up Assistant page for the router manufacturer and model.

Since this disconnect problem for so many seems to have started 3 months ago,

WHY HAVEN'T THEY ADDED the model number 3800HGV-B under 2WIRE???,

or model IPN330HD for the Scientific Atlanta/Cisco U-Verse ATT box???,

and make it easy for us!

There is nothing I can find to do to get past these missing links.

Some people have suggested trying other manufacturers,

and model numbers that are remarkably not in the dropdowns! ???

Unfortunately, because of so many "workarounds" since August,

I can no longer remember how I originally set this all up last April!

I do remember that it was not complicated or lengthy.

And since the Sling software cannot see my Slingbox I can't find/access

a 32 digit Finder ID that some screens ask for in order to get going.

After paying $300 for the box and $30 for the app I've been pushed out of this

and cannot get back in.

I wonder if the SlingboxPro still for sale and if so, how in the world do new users get in?

I wish I had never gotten this system so I wouldn't have known how fantastic it was

to be able to watch live television in the palm of my hand anywhere, anytime.

If there is anyone out there that can reply without using code or leaving out steps,

your help will be truly appreciated! I'm still holding out for hope!!

But maybe it's time for Taps.

saginawmale50

I was able to hook up an older A/V unit to the 3800 uverse box and get it to work. If I was you, I would reset my slingbox and start over. Next, I used the listed model number for the older uverse dvr( i think its the 2400?) and the 2wire page should work fine for you. Port I used was 5001. If you got it to work once then it means it will work. If you take a look at the owners manual for the 3800 there is a page which shows you exactly where the IR eye is located on the front of the unit. Dont give up.

BellSystem Newbie

I also have a SOLO on Uverse. When doing the initial setup I too noticed the 3800 modem/router series wasnt listed. I instead used the 2701 model as at the time had the EXACT same interface. My set top boxes are Motorola 1200 and the DVR is 1225. The IR sensors I placed smack in the middle making sure they stuck out a bit. Works flawlessly.

Since I set up in Feb 2010 the Uverse gateway boexs (3800) got a new software GUI. I dont know if that would change the initial setup going forward, but it had NO effect on my current setup.

Oh, and if you sling to a computer or slingcatcher I recommend the "Max" tier or higher as its 1.5 Mbps upload comes in handy. The Max turbo has 3.0 upload.

I also have my slingbox on its own set top box in the basement next to the router on its own port (hopefully minimizing LAN traffic).

AdmiralBing

Great news!

After yet again trying all different ways to get back in,

someway somehow I stumbled onto that original page of simple instruction (of just a few steps)

somewhere on the website that I vaguely remembered from the first day I installed the box,

followed and entered what it said and I GOT BACK IN  !!!

Bad news.

As usual, because of the usual many entries most of which were dead ends,

I can't remember how I stumbled upon that page. So I can't help anyone with the similar problem.

Somehow you have to find that original entry page on the website and just start again.

It seems that all the answers are embedded in their web site, but are extremely difficult to navigate to.

(I'm afraid to find it again in case by opening it it deletes/screws up what I entered.

However, I would search for it again if the original problem ever happens again.)

New bad news.

The problem indeed has happened again.

It's April 2011 now and I'm out again and cannot find my way back in.

This time when I press the Slingbox icon on my iPhone, I get through "locating", and "connecting",

the red "U" briefly turns on, but the process gets stopped before "optimizing" with the message

"...cannot connect to the internet...".

When I plug the box into electricity, I can see in the phone app that the box is recognized,

and can see on the front of the box itself that the red power light is on as is the red network light.

It appears normal but no connecting happens.

There is absolutely no reference to this particular situation in the website.

What references there are refer to some lights not being on, or some blinking problem.

I see that reference sections in the website have been added/changed/updated a little,

but no explicit, well defined answers.

And as I was afraid of...I cannot find that original page of simple instruction.

Everything leads to all that port forwarding business.

Beside watching live TV it was so fantastic to get into my DVR and catch up on my recorded programs.

If only I could find that portal again....

Message was edited by: AdmiralBing