3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 11:03 PM by dbsguy RSS

SlingLike Turbo issues

jrmccor

Hey all,

Have the Slingbox Solo and Slinglink Turbo, both have all lights lit (no blinking or anything) so I know that the connection is recognized.  Have all the proper system requirements, new MAC OS X, new Firefox etc.  Called Cust. Service and they couldn't help me because my warranty is up  (I took a little while in setting this up).  Anyway, they told me to hardwire to my home computer to set up.  I did that, set it up thru Setup Assistant and everything is registered and it recognized a connection.  Now the TV I am going to use for this is across the house so I need the Slinglink.  When I unplug and took it off the hardwire and took it to the new TV, plugged it for power and connected ethernet, all lights are lit up and no issues there.  When I go to the Slingbox website and go to "Watch" it tells me "The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to  watch is on, set up for remote viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT  settings."  Now, I have Verizon FiOs internet and an Actiontec MI424-WR router.  I checked my firewalls under System Preferences and even added Slingplayer to the list of approved devices.  If there is ANY help anyone could give me I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it as I am incredibly frustrated with this whole system.  Thank you.

-J.R.