2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 7:20 PM by albynomonk RSS

Slingbox Solo - Airport Extreme Issue

albynomonk

I'm having trouble getting my Slingbox Solo to acquire an IP address from my Airport Extreme router. It's directly connected to the router with a network cable, but the network light just keeps flashing. I even tried reserving an IP address for the Slingbox on the Airport Utility by registering the MAC address, but it won't connect. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Re: Slingbox Solo - Airport Extreme Issue
          eferz Expert

Try performing a factory reset as described in this article (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-1000038).  It'll wipe out any configuration information that might be interferring with it accepting a brand new DHCP address.

You can also try another port, cable, or different router...  however, as I understand I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to also cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  If you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.