1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 26, 2010 3:37 PM by eferz RSS

Host of Problems with Pro HD after upgrade to v1.4.60

tinlaro

It all started after the automatic firmware upgrade back in may

there was no sound comming from the slingplayer when it was hooked

via the component input. at first thought My transition from Comcast to ATT and from Cisco TO Aiport Extreme must have been the culprit. But I've been looking for a solution thru this forum for a while now but come across nothing yet. Hoping there would be an update to the firmware or a posted solutoion by now ...Frustrated Yesterday I tried many things including calling tech support and discovered a lot more stuff is out of whack ! they directed me to posting this note and to search for my problem here ... ( again ! ) Anyway , I read something about muted audio outputs from tv receivers so i decided to go s-video and finally i was able to get some sound. Half way happy i discovered that the screen size is cropped to less than the 4:3 aspect ratio and the worst part the on screen remote control will show a non working incorrect version of the one i have selected under the settings window. My wi-fi and TV network is with AT&T Uverse . My AT&T 2wire wireless router runs in conjuction with a Time Capsule router from Apple. All of the Sling player interfaces including Slingplayer for Mac and Slingplayer Web Browser and Slingplayer for Windows XP, Have the same Behaviour...they connect perfectly to the SlingBox pro HD but nothings works properly....Nothing gets fixed by reseting the SlingBox, (holding down the reset button for more than 5 seconds) or restarting and reconfigure it ......the weirdest part is when youre selecting the type of remote you get a partial interface of the remote where the buttons are there but not the numbers and the only button thats enabled is the power button. Useless countless attempts.

Laptops used : Macbook 13 Mac OSX 10.6.4, Macbook Pro 15 Mac OSX 10.6.4,  Sony Vaio XP. : Browser Software Firefox 3.6.8

Thanx for your Help if u know wazzup !!

• Re: Host of Problems with Pro HD after upgrade to v1.4.60
          eferz Expert

tinlaro wrote:

I tried many things including calling tech support and discovered a lot more stuff is out of whack ! they directed me to posting this note and to search for my problem here ... ( again ! )

Wait a sec.  You mean the technical support that we pay for is redirecting you to this free alternative?  That doesn't make any sense.

tinlaro wrote:

Thanx for your Help if u know wazzup !!

It seems that you have a multitutde of problems which should not really exist.  The firmware update should not have had any bering on it.

Let's start with the audio problems. the following post should help you walk through the many possibilities why you are unable to hear audio.

Now the aspect issues, the following posts should help you understand the image difference between the Compononet and the Composite/S-Video.

As for the remote, you'll have to find out exactly which manufacturer and model receiver you got from AT&T U-Verse.  There are many models provided by them and they seem to very based on your regional location.

Here are some examples; Motorola VIP 1225 HD DVR, Cisco IPN330HD, and Cisco IPN4320.  If you do a search on this forum, you can probably find that Alan Richey has created many custom remotes.  You can find even more remotes files from (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=97&sid=cb58216263d270b58aadcc11bee1baa4).