2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2010 1:00 PM by eferz RSS

Hot keys to navigate favorite channels

carlosb

Hi,

I I am configuring the SlingPlayer running in a Mac, to be controlled by the Apple IR remote, using Remote Buddy. In general everything is OK, but I want to configure the left and right buttons on the Apple remote to browse through the favorites (up and down arrows browse through all channels). For that I need the hot keys to navigate along the favorite channels (on for the next favorite channel, one for the previous favorite channel). I couldn't find those hot keys in the web site, can someone help me?

Carlos

• Re: Hot keys to navigate favorite channels
          eferz Expert

The keyboard shortcuts are different based on the keymap associated with the remote.  This is dependant on the choices which were made during the Setup Assistant.  If you hover over your remote in Slingbplayer Desktop or Web Slingbplayer then you can see which keyboard shortcuts are assigned to which button.

• Re: Hot keys to navigate favorite channels
              carlosb

Thanks for the prompt answer! After discussing this at home (and after some experiments with your answer) we found out that we made the wrong question. Sorry for that :-(

We understand now that tehre are two kind of favorites, the ones in the cable box, and the ones in the Slingplayer software running in the Mac. The right question is actually if tehre are hot keys in the mac software that allows us to move in Mac's favorites.

This is different than to move between the favorites in the cable top box, which was our previous question correctly answered.

Thanks for the patience!

Carlos