14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 12:26 PM by eferz RSS

patchy screen colours

sheira

Just got a new solo - all set up but the play back picture while setting up was perfect colour, now I am watching on full screen there are odd yellow/orange parts on the screen. The image is OK but colour patchy. Any ideas why?

• Re: patchy screen colours
          eferz Expert

Could be an issue with your video drivers and how they relate to graphic subsystem.  Which operating system and Slingplayer are you using?

Which Slingplayer?

• Web Slingplayer for Internet Explorer for PC
          • Web Slingplayer for Firefox for PC
          • Web Slingplayer for Firefox for Mac
          • Web Slingplayer for Safari for Mac
          • Slingplayer Desktop for PC
          • Slingplayer Desktop for Mac
          • Slingplayer Mobile for iPhone
          • Slingplayer Mobile for Andriod
          • Slingplayer Mobile for Blackberry
          • Slingplayer Mobile for Windows Phone
          • Slingplayer Mobile for Palm
          • Slingplayer Mobile for Symbian

Btw, if you're having an issue with Slingplayer Desktop then try Web Slingplayer instead or vice versa.

sheira

I don't really know! I have WinXP and just ran a set up on Slingbox solo.

eferz Expert

Was it a web based setup or application based?

sheira

I went on line - had a bit of trouble and chatted to slingbox help person

eferz Expert

Okay, are you okay now?

sheira

Sorry - not OK. The talk with slingbox in my reply to you was repying to you about how I had set it up. That is a bit long winded - hope you understand!

I set it up web based - had trouble and slingbox helped. BUT - after turning it on to watch found that the colour was patchy. The setting up procedure showing a small picture looked good. It was only after set up when actually trying to watch full screen that it became apparent the colour was patchy.

Sheira

eferz Expert

I was asking to figure out which "Sllingplayer" you were using.  Nevermind.  Download and install this one (http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us).  See if you have any changes in picture quality.  If you don't then go into the Slingplayer Options [Alt]+[O], under the video tab try toggling the difference between the different VMR settings to see if you notice a difference.

sheira

slightly aprehensive about this - firstly my Slingbox solo was bought in UK not US and  I downloaded the latest software.

Couldn't find any different VMR settings - only 9

Not really getting anywhere with this am I?

I would say that the image actually has a shadow image - this is a yellowish colour

eferz Expert

sheira wrote:

slightly aprehensive about this - firstly my Slingbox solo was bought in UK not US and  I downloaded the latest software.

Ah, okay.  Then you would download this one, Slingplayer Desktop 2.0 (http://downloads.slingmedia.com/get/sp-win-emea.html).

sheira wrote:

Couldn't find any different VMR settings - only 9

Not really getting anywhere with this am I?

No, not really.  You can't get anywhere by doing nothing.

The idea is to test each option, the first checkbox "When available use the Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) technology."  If this option is the only one checked then you'll be using VMR7 (DirectDraw).  The next checkbox is "Use VMR9 if supported on current monitor.  This applies the use of VMR9 (Direct3D).  If none of the checkboxes are marked then you'll be using Legacy (GDI).

options.jpg

Each one of these settings will affect how your picture is displayed.  It likely that the problem exists with a conflict with the current setting and how your video card drivers renders the picture.  You can see your current video renderer by pressing [Alt]+[Shift]+[i], a window will popup and in the Video subsection, you'll see the current Video Renderer setting.

settings.jpg

sheira wrote:

I would say that the image actually has a shadow image - this is a yellowish colour

Just to reconfirm.  The issue is only observed ONLY when going into full screen mode, correct?  If so, then the problem is probably the VMR settings.  Otherwise,  it is possible that you've misconnected wrong colors pairing for the component connections or that the S-Video connector isn't properly seated.