1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 23, 2010 12:16 PM by eferz RSS

Weak signal

bobclark1951

My Slingbox is connected to the internet by router.  The Box is in the lower level of the house. The SlingLink connected to it  is Immediately below the sister SlingLink connected to the router,  I can't get sound and picture to sync.  Furthermore, the audio cuts in and out in HD, but is perfect on the nonHD channels except I get a green or blank screen - no picture.

Is the location of the link an issue?

I have not upgraded to 2.0 - is that an explanation?

My system meets all specs.

Download speed is 4,67; upload speed is .96

I brought the netbook to my office and it worked perfectly (download speed the same - upload speed 15,37).

Help!  I'd like to use the netbood to bring TV viewing to my patio, kitchen or other locations in the house.

• Re: Weak signal
          eferz Expert

bobclark1951 wrote:

My Slingbox is connected to the internet by router.  The Box is in the lower level of the house. The SlingLink connected to it  is Immediately below the sister SlingLink connected to the router,  I can't get sound and picture to sync.  Furthermore, the audio cuts in and out in HD, but is perfect on the nonHD channels except I get a green or blank screen - no picture.

Is the location of the link an issue?

It could be possible.

I have not upgraded to 2.0 - is that an explanation?

It could be possible.

bobclark1951 wrote:

Download speed is 4,67; upload speed is .96

I brought the netbook to my office and it worked perfectly (download speed the same - upload speed 15,37).

I find this intriguing. It sounds like you can get the Slingbox to work well remotely but not locally.  Is that the case?  If so than both the answers above are improbable.

Do me a favor, at your office location and your home location take a screenshot of the Sling Stream Statics.  If you're using the Slingplayer Desktop, you can see this window by pressing [Alt]+[Shift]+[i].  I'd like to be able to juxtapose the difference between the two sites. Also, I'd like to see the encoding options selected in the Slingplayer Options [Alt]+[o].