6 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2016 7:56 AM by Stang RSS

The add-on downloaded appears to be corrupt

pahkong

When I started my slingbox it appears a new plug-in is available. After following the instruction I get a message "The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt". Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Re: The add-on downloaded appears to be corrupt
          michelanderson

same here. started  yesterday. has been working fine for 6 months

someone did a naughty over the holidays

anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey Yu Zee,

There is an on-going issue with Firefox that we are investigating to find a resolution. Below I have included a temporary work around until we can find a resolution:

Step 1: In the address bar of Firefox type in the "about:config"

Step 2: Agree to the disclaimer that appears

Step 3: Search for "xpinstall.signatures.required"
            Step 4: Right click on "xpinstall.signatures.required" then click on "Toggle". This will toggle that function to false.

Step 5: Restart Firefox

Step 6: Launch Firefox and start viewing your Slingbox!

Hope this helps!

Anthony
            Sling Media Moderation Team

pahkong

This worked, thanks.

To: Yu Zee <pahkong@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:47 AM

Subject: Re:  - The add-on downloaded appears to be corrupt

reply from anthony.sling in Yu Zee - View the full discussionHey Yu Zee, There is an on-going issue with Firefox that we are investigating to find a resolution. Below I have included a temporary work around until we can find a resolution: Step 1: In the address bar of Firefox type in the "about:config"Step 2: Agree to the disclaimer that appearsStep 3: Search for "xpinstall.signatures.required"

Step 4: Right click on "xpinstall.signatures.required" then click on "Toggle". This will toggle that function to false.Step 5: Restart FirefoxStep 6: Launch Firefox and start viewing your Slingbox! Hope this helps!Anthony

Sling Media Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Yu Zee by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following The add-on downloaded appears to be corrupt in these streams: Inbox

Stang

Unfortunately the "signatures required" override will stop working as of Firefox 47, which is to be released on June 8, 2016. Has the Slingplayer add-on been updated so that it will work with Firefox 47?

wibelarsen

Hi Pahkong!

Unfortunately I have the same problem and Your method didn't cure it! Any other suggestions? I get the message whether I try Explorer, Chrome or Firefox!!!

pahkong

Sorry but that was not my method. I just follow what what someone from slingmedia suggested.

To: Yu Zee <pahkong@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:09 PM

Subject: Re:  - The add-on downloaded appears to be corrupt

reply from wibelarsen in Watching while at home - View the full discussionHi Pahkong! Unfortunately I have the same problem and Your method didn't cure it! Any other suggestions? I get the message whether I try Explorer, Chrome or Firefox!!!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Watching while at home by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following The add-on downloaded appears to be corrupt in these streams: Inbox