5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2016 3:37 AM by Maxx20 RSS

On many occasion, when i connect, my pc. freezes.

girouard
    Visibility: Open to anyone

When I connect to my slingbox, on many occasion my pc will freeze... I have to do a hard power shut down.. and when I connect again (account is open) I am able to connect to slingbox.

What is the problem?

I happen to check the Network setting in the right had corner of the slingbox. the following tabs are listed as follows:

Connected to:

Public Ip address

home ip address

network port

than it shows  Mac address, showing series of numbers...

Because I operate with windows 10... should I delete software and reload software again....  why is it showing Mac address?????

thank you

• Re: On many occasion, when i connect, my pc. freezes.
          olografix

I'm having the same problem. Everytime I start Slingplayer (from Chrome and/or Firefox) after the PC has waken up from sleep mode and has previously run the Slingbox, the whole computer freezes.

I have to hard shutdown the computer and restart it. Then I can run Slingplayer with no problem. If I close my laptop, the next time it will freeze again. I won't happen if I just close my slingplayer and then restart it (without going into sleep mode).

This has been happening since the last couple of months I would say. It's really annoying.

Any info to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I also have this problem.  I'm running Windows 10, Sling Player Desktop 5.0.0.83, and after coming out of sleep mode and starting the program it freezes the ENTIRE system typically 3-5 seconds into the ad (can't move mouse, can't do CTRL-ALT-DEL, etc) and I need to hold the power button to hard reset the PC.

I've seen people raise this in other threads as well.  Can anybody from Sling respond to this issue and indicate whether this is a known bug or at least something that is being looked at?

Thanks

jfink

Same problem here.  Slingbox starts tries to download content and then everything locks up.  Lenovo E540, Windows 10, and 1.2.7.358 build for Slingplayer.

Same problem with my windows 10 system. Started earlier this year. Very frustrating and can't find any solutions by tech support.

Maxx20

Having exactly the same issue. Can't download the Win Marketplace app (just keeps saying "something went wrong our end"). Issue affects both web and desktop players and only after the machine has been in some kind of sleep mode (sleep, hibernate). Restart fixes it. No joy finding a solution either. Is this common?

I'm on Win 10 x64 Anniversary Update.