4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2015 4:40 AM by smithsp2000 RSS

now tv

smithsp2000
    Visibility: Open to anyone

hi all, just bought a sling solo from amazon.  doesnt have hdmi ports for now tv, and cant find now tv in the available devices anyway.

does anyone know of a work around, or recommend a freeview tv box to use instead?

steve

• Re: now tv
          alanrichey42 Master

Does it have component (Red/Blue/Green) or composite (Yellow) video outputs ?    If so use those and I can try and build a Custom Remote for you.

smithsp2000

No just hdmi.

I'm a little surprised that any device these days lacks a hdmi port

alanrichey42 Master

Actually it is just the opposite.   With more and more TV providers implementing HDCP it is now almost pointless to include an HDMI port in anything like the Slingbox as the HDMI port will sense it not an approved device and stop transmitting (And before you ask, there is no way a Slingbox could become approved, they would find themselves in court in no time at all).  

Your only solution is to buy an HDMI > Component converter.  But be careful as only a minority of these devices strip out the HDCP signal.  Do a search on the forum, there are quite a few that other users have found to work and they are available quite cheaply on Amazon (don't use one myself so can't recommend a specific model)