3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 1:01 PM by Josebrenes RSS

Looking for some help....

BrianT

Hello.

I am having a connection problem with my Slingbox Pro HD  along with the Slinglink.  I have tried all the troubleshooting suggested on the "Troubleshooting Guides" so now I am back to square one.  I am starting my trouble shooting from my router so I have a couple basic questions that I hope you can answer:

1.  The directions on the Slinglink say to connect the ethernet cord from the slinglink to the "network" port on the back of my wireless router (Linksys).  I do not see any area behind my wireless router that has a "network" port but I do have four other ports avavilable.  Do I just pick one of the four ports behing my router and plug in the ethernet line or is there something I'm missing? 

2.  If my slinklink is connected properly to the router, my network light on my slinglink should be blinking REGARDLESS if my slinbox is connected to my TV, right?  I am assuming the blinking means there is data being passed to the slinglink from the router and it does not matter if the the slingbox is hooked up.

I am not the most tech-savy guy (obviously) so any input would be apprectiated....and please, do not post links to those generic troubleshooting guides.

Thanks!

B

• Re: Looking for some help....
          alanrichey42 Master

BrianT wrote:

1.  The directions on the Slinglink say to connect the ethernet cord from the slinglink to the "network" port on the back of my wireless router (Linksys).  I do not see any area behind my wireless router that has a "network" port but I do have four other ports avavilable.  Do I just pick one of the four ports behing my router and plug in the ethernet line or is there something I'm missing? 

Those 4 ports ARE the "network" ports and anyone will do.

2.  If my slinklink is connected properly to the router, my network light on my slinglink should be blinking REGARDLESS if my slinbox is connected to my TV, right?  I am assuming the blinking means there is data being passed to the slinglink from the router and it does not matter if the the slingbox is hooked up

Yes, the Slinglink and the router continually 'chat' to each other.

BrianT

Thank you for the quick repsonse.  I just plugged my slinglink into the router and there is no "chatting".  I have no problems with my wireless service so I am not sure what could be the problem??

I will try to unplug / plug in everything again and see how it goes....

Thanks,

B

Novice

Hi BrianT,

This could  be a problem with your house electrical circuit (interference), since  the SlingLinks will communicate each other through the electrical  circuit, however, you can check the following links about the Setup.

A guide to basic  SlingLink and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting

More SlingLink  and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting