1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 19, 2010 11:48 PM by eferz RSS

Favorites

jakester

I just moved from Windows Mobile to a new Android phone, the AT&T Samsung Captivate.  Purchased Slingplayer for Android from the Market, and it is working fine with my old Slingbox AV.  The Android menus are prettier than WM, but I find the interface somewhat clunky and harder to use.  Some of the buttons (End, Live, ...) are missing or hard to find.  The biggest omission is the Favorites bar.  If it is there, I cannot find it.  The Favorites bar under WM was great -- I could tap the bar, scroll through available channels, then select an icon to add to the bar.  The Favorites bar made Slingplayer Mobile very easy to use for the most commonly watched channels.  Now on Android, I have to remember channel numbers.  The documentation/help information is so poor, maybe I missed something.  Is there a way to program Favorite channels with Slingplayer for Android?

• Re: Favorites
          eferz Expert

jakester wrote:

I just moved from Windows Mobile to a new Android phone, the AT&T Samsung Captivate.  Purchased Slingplayer for Android from the Market, and it is working fine with my old Slingbox AV.  The Android menus are prettier than WM, but I find the interface somewhat clunky and harder to use. 

Some of the buttons (End, Live, ...) are missing or hard to find.  The biggest omission is the Favorites bar.  If it is there, I cannot find it.  The Favorites bar under WM was great -- I could tap the bar, scroll through available channels, then select an icon to add to the bar. 

The Favorites bar made Slingplayer Mobile very easy to use for the most commonly watched channels. Now on Android, I have to remember channel numbers.  The documentation/help information is so poor, maybe I missed something.  Is there a way to program Favorite channels with Slingplayer for Android?

Unfortunately, I don't believe there was a unified direction between Slingplayer Mobile clients.  As I understand in the Andriod client, there is no "Favorites" as it was replaced with the "last channel bar".  However, if you think this should be implemented in future updates, you might consider posting in this thread (https://community.sling.com/message/8344#8344).  Since it exists in the Enchancement Request forum (http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000297), it'll have more weight then troubleshooting a known ommited feature.