5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2010 1:22 PM by Fofo RSS

In cannot reset my slingbox solo

sgtdet

My network light is blinking on my Slingbox Solo. I tried to rest the unit, but when I hold in the reset button nothing happens. What can I do to reset the Solo?

• Re: In cannot reset my slingbox solo
          eferz Expert

Flashing isn't that bad.  That usually means that the Slingbox is at  least trying to get an IP address but it can't.

I've noticed that Slingbox has  a problem getting an IP address from some routers.  Especially the ones  that have had the manufacturer firmware replaced with the third-party  linux kernal, like DD-WRT or Tomato.  In almost all cases, either a  firmware update or returning the to the original manufacturer's firmware  resolved the issue.

Another suggestion bring the  Slingbox to a friend's or neighbor's home.  See if their router will assign a DHCP address to your Slingbox.  If so, then configure the Slingbox with a static IP address that is suitable for your router.  That way you can return and plug back in and  not have to worry about DHCP incompatibiliteis.

Finally, as I understand it is  not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the  symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you  should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  If you  have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox  to see if there's any change.