1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 22, 2015 7:58 AM by JohnKeller RSS

Signal dropping repeatedly?

ACC4727770
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi.  I have a Slingbox 500 in Massachusetts, on Charter cable.  My connection bounces from time to time with no rhyme or reason.  I can be watching in HD beautifully one minute and then I lose total connectivity the next.  The system will reconnect - sometime automatically, sometimes I need to click "Reconnect".  Either way, it's frequent and terribly annoying.  Any thoughts out there?

Also, I see there is an internet bar meter on the view screen (1-5 bars).  Is this telling me the internet status where the Slingbox is located, or where I am viewing from?

• Re: Signal dropping repeatedly?
          JohnKeller Newbie

Hello,

A sudden loss in connection with the Slingbox could mean a couple of different things.  Typically, it means that there is an issue with either the network you are connecting to remotely, or with the network at the home location.  Does this happen only in one location, or any place you are trying to connect?

Here's a helpful article to walk you through some troubleshooting steps. 

Slingbox.com - What to do if your Slingbox connection drops

If it happens again, I'd also recommend doing a speed test on your network.  I normally use speedtest.net to run a reliable network speed diagnostic.

Hope this was helpful!

John

Sling Media Technical Support