6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2016 5:26 PM by Daasher RSS

Slingbox 500 with X1 Xfinity setup problems

Daasher
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I've had many problems setting up my Slingbox with the X1 Xfinity system.  Initially, I couldn't get a picture on the Slingbox.  After a little research I concluded that I needed to swap out one of the set top boxes with Comcast.  None of them had any receptacles for the 5 audio/ video components, only hdmi.  I was able to get a different, older set top box from Comcast with all the connectors.  I then was able to get a picture.  I went through the set up, and I was able to change the channels during the set up. When I use one of the Slingplayers, however, I can't change the channel. 

• Re: Slingbox 500 with X1 Xfinity setup problems
          bperuzzo

did you find a fix because i have the same issue?

Daasher

Yes, I did solve the problem after having a conversation with Slingbox customer service. If you can't fix the problem yourself, definitely try that.  My problem boiled down to the method that I was using to change the channel on the app. (There aren't any directions on how to use the app anywhere that I could find. ) I was using an iPad, going to the guide and clicking on the program I wanted to watch. It said it was changing the channel, but it didn't.  The customer service guy told me to try the following method: On your iPad or laptop go to the "live tv" ikon on the left along the bottom.  A tv show should come on, if it's not already there.  Go to the remote control ikon on the upper right, and click on it.  The remote control should appear on the left side of the screen.  Click on the numbers of the station you want to watch, and follow that by clicking OK on the remote control. (Be sure to click OK!) This worked for me. My son was able to do it on his phone after a bunch of trial and error. I can't tell you exactly what to do, except that a vital part of the process was turning the phone sideways to get access to commands.

eric_b Newbie

Are you using the IR cable and placing it in front of your cable box?  The Guide wasn't working for me either until I adjusted the placement of the IR receiver and then it worked.

As an alternative, you can probably download the Comcast Remote app.  That will essentially allow you to change the channel using the "normal" Comcast method on your WiFi network.  I've found that switching using the Comcast app is faster anyway.