7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2010 10:06 AM by izibizi RSS

power led dim and flashing

izibizi

hi,

i used a 12v power supply by mistake and now the box is almost dead, only the power light is flashing very dim.

what can be done?

any suggestion on what part may be replaced on the board? i can solder..

• Re: power led dim and flashing
          eferz Expert

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox AV, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  If you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.

izibizi

maybe i have not explained myself, i have near the sb two power supplies, one is 12v for another box and the 5v of the sb. by mistake i connected the 12v to the sb and most probably something did not like the hifger voltage and know the sb is crying... (so do i...)

izibizi

so? any suggestion?

put it in the bin?

temc1120

I had the exact problem at the same time you did and pretty much was told tough luck.  I went ahead and took my Solo to a local computer/electronics repair store that offered to take a look.  I limited them to 1 hour labor.  They repaired my Solo and charged me for 1 hour and $4 for a diode.  Unfortunately the tech that worked on it wasn't there when I picked the Solo up.  His write up is:  Found and replaced shorted diode on DC input portion of circuit. 

Bottom line - it is was repairable in my case.  Good luck.