12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2015 7:23 AM by mml4211@yahoo.com RSS

Homeworx HW180STB custom remote stopped working after power stoppage

mml4211@yahoo.com
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I installed a customer remote for Homeworx HW180STB, back in July this year. it is working fine until I got a power stoppage at my house.   After the slingbox is rebooted, the remot stopped working and I stuck with only one channel. Please let me know how to solve this problem.  Thanks.

• Re: Homeworx HW180STB custom remote stopped working after power stoppage
          alanrichey42 Master

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have tried reinstalling the BIN file I assume ?

mml4211@yahoo.com

Thank very much for your prompt reply.  I downloaded the bin file C2010_PL.bin which is for HomeWorx HW180 STB (2015) and fellowed the instruction to install it successfully. but the slingplayer still stuck with the not functioning remote. what I can do 

Thanks. 

To: "mml4211@yahoo.com" <mml4211@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, December 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Subject: Re:  - Homeworx HW180STB custom remote stopped working after power stoppage

reply from alanrichey42 in mml4211@yahoo.com - View the full discussionAt the risk of stating the obvious, you have tried reinstalling the BIN file I assume ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in mml4211@yahoo.com by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Homeworx HW180STB custom remote stopped working after power stoppage in these streams: Inbox

alanrichey42 Master

Read the instructions ?    Particularly the bit that says : "... If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:...."  followed by 12 questions.

mml4211@yahoo.com

Please note the remote is work fine with the converter box HW180STB.  Do you suggest to do a reset of the slingbox 500 and set the whole thing up again.  By the way the remote was installed without any issue but it just not work and it worked before. 1, Slingbox 5002, no error message3, Yes plenty of time and it was installed flawlessly4, no I just use install the C2010_PL.bin5, non of the button works It only paused the play and back to the same6, do not know how to do it. Do not know what is external blaster for 5007, Do not see the IR Blaster , Slingbox 500 is hooked up to a converter which convert coaxial cable signal       to HDMI and red white and Yellow. 8, Yes My Vizio TV do response to remote9, I do not know how to set the TV to IR or RF and the TV is connect to the coaxial cable by a spliter not trough slingbox10 The converter box Homeworx HW180STB do not support multiple remote11 I did not reset the slingbox12 I do not have access to  a logitech Harmony Universal Remote. 

Sent: Friday, December 4, 2015 11:45 AM

Subject: Re:  - Homeworx HW180STB custom remote stopped working after power stoppage

reply from alanrichey42 in mml4211@yahoo.com - View the full discussionRead the instructions ?    Particularly the bit that says : "... If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:...."  followed by 12 questions.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in mml4211@yahoo.com by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Homeworx HW180STB custom remote stopped working after power stoppage in these streams: Inbox

alanrichey42 Master

OK, Your answers to Q6 and Q7 seem to be the answer.   It looks like the internal IR transmitter on the 500 might have failed or is only sending a weak signal.   When you bought the 500 it came with a plug-in external IR blaster (looks like a small pyramid on the end of a long piece of wire) that plugs into the back of the Slingbox.   You need to plug that in and put the pyramid next to the Homeworx box.

mml4211@yahoo.com

Thanks Actually I not aware of the purpose of the prymid, I just plug it in and put the pyramid on top of the Homeworx box. However the remote is still not working. By the way the remote looks different with the one I used to have. Is the remote being upgraded? I like the new remote better, as it can put in decimal point for channels but it still not work and stuck in one channel. What I should do next. Thanks again

Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 2:27 AM

reply from alanrichey42 in mml4211@yahoo.com - View the full discussionOK, Your answers to Q6 and Q7 seem to be the answer.   It looks like the internal IR transmitter on the 500 might have failed or is only sending a weak signal.   When you bought the 500 it came with a plug-in external IR blaster (looks like a small pyramid on the end of a long piece of wire) that plugs into the back of the Slingbox.   You need to plug that in and put the pyramid next to the Homeworx box.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I remember what happened now.   Last year I built a HomeworxHW180 Custom Remote, it was proven to work and I uploaded it at HomeWorx HW-180.    Then in February this year someone reported that it didn't work and that he suspected the box had been reissued with different codes.   That did turn out to be the case, so I built a new Custom Remote that worked for him and uploaded it at HomeWorx HW180 STB (2015)

I guess you have uploaded the wrong one, so I suggest you try the other one.   And BTW, the remote images are identical so I'm not sure what you remember.

mml4211@yahoo.com

Thanks , I download the HomeWorx HW-180. installed and got my remote back. Just for your information the  HomeWorx HW180 STB (2015) remote does not work for my Slingbox 500, I brought it July this year and it is a refurbished machine. Anyway is there a user guide or manual for this nice remote. My problem is not able to input the - and I put the stop dot for input , it dose not work, For insant if I push in 11.1 , it came out as 111 and told me it is an invalid channel . Besides, the nice feature of favorite channel is disappeared too. In the meantime, I am not able to find the list of all the available channels.

Thanks for your assistance 

From: alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>

Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 11:50 AM

reply from alanrichey42 in mml4211@yahoo.com - View the full discussionOK, I remember what happened now.   Last year I built a HomeworxHW180 Custom Remote, it was proven to work and I uploaded it at HomeWorx HW-180.    Then in February this year someone reported that it didn't work and that he suspected the box had been reissued with different codes.   That did turn out to be the case, so I built a new Custom Remote that worked for him and uploaded it at HomeWorx HW180 STB (2015) I guess you have uploaded the wrong one, so I suggest you try the other one.   And BTW, the remote images are identical so I'm not sure what you remember.

alanrichey42 Master

It's nothing to do with the Slingbox, all models use the same remote files.   So it does look as though there are 2 types of Homeworx HW-180 about, using different code sets.  The problem is that I get the codes off the Logitech Harmony database and the Homeworx HW-180 on there is the later 2015 version that includes the 'dash'.    Therefore I have no way of finding out what the code for the 'dash' was in the older version that you have.   It certainly wasn't defined at the time I built the earlier version.   So the only solution is trial and error if you want to try.

BTW, Favourites is on Custom 13.  Does that no work ?

And why do you want a User Guide ?   (You did check the Readme file I hope ?)

mml4211@yahoo.com

I read and tried those colored button, it seems to me they are not working. I thought those are for taped programed . Be honest with you, I really not good at cable remote, as I never have cable. Please explained to me how to do custom 15 on Ipad slingplayer. In the meantime the read me file has no information about how to set up favorite channels. could you kindly gave some guidance as to how to do it.  By the way is this remote got the function to input -, For example so that I can input 55-5 , 13-3 etc. 

Thanks 

From: alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>

Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 3:35 PM

reply from alanrichey42 in mml4211@yahoo.com - View the full discussionIt's nothing to do with the Slingbox, all models use the same remote files.   So it does look as though there are 2 types of Homeworx HW-180 about, using different code sets.  The problem is that I get the codes off the Logitech Harmony database and the Homeworx HW-180 on there is the later 2015 version that includes the 'dash'.    Therefore I have no way of finding out what the code for the 'dash' was in the older version that you have.   It certainly wasn't defined at the time I built the earlier version.   So the only solution is trial and error if you want to try. BTW, Favourites is on Custom 13.  Does that no work ? And why do you want a User Guide ?   (You did check the Readme file I hope ?)

alanrichey42 Master

I read and tried those colored button, it seems to me they are not working.

Well they are defined in the Custom Remote as Custom 22-25 so there is nothing else I can do, you must be doing something wrong.

Please explained to me how to do custom 15 on Ipad slingplayer.

You can't I'm afraid.   For some obscure reason Sling removed that functionality from the iPa app.

In the meantime the read me file has no information about how to set up favorite channels. could you kindly gave some guidance as to how to do it. 

Afraid not.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the Custom Remote.  That is something you have to on the Homeworx box, in which case it will be in the manual.

By the way is this remote got the function to input -, For example so that I can input 55-5 , 13-3 etc. 

Did you not read my post ?   I specifically said it was not available in the earlier remote and there is no way I can find it out.