3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2015 12:53 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Home TV question

ACC6515162

This is a basic question, but I have not been able to find an answer. Does the home tv have to turn on when using the slingbox remotely? I just purchased the slingbox and can't figure out how to turn the cable box and slingbox on, but not the home TV.

• Re: Home TV question
          alanrichey42 Master

No, the Slingbox doesn't use a TV at all.     You don't turn the Slingbox on & off, it is designed to stay permanently on.   To power up the cable box you simply click on the power button on the virtual remote.

ACC6515162

Thank you Alan. When I turn the power on with the virtual remote the DVR box and the TV both turn on. It is hooked up to a Directv box and a smart TV, would that have anything to do with it?

alanrichey42 Master

Yes.  As you are new to the forum  (I assume) the first thing you need to know is that you should always do a Forum search on you question before posting.   You would have quickly found the answer.  It is something called SEC (I think), which means the TV automatically turns on when it senses a signal on the HDMI.  Somewhere buried in the Settings Menu on the TV will be an option to disable it.