7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2015 1:35 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

M1 & M2

M_Koch@ymail.com

I do not see any differences between M1 and M2.The boxes are identical.Help!

Marty

• Re: M1 & M2
          alanrichey42 Master

Isn't the M2 just a replacement for the M1 ?  I guess the differences are internal.  Why do you need help ?

M_Koch@ymail.com

Hi Alan

I need help deciding which one to buy. How come there is no detailed comparison avail?I can't even find the user manuals for download, only the QuickStartGuides.It would be nice if they had demo units running in their office that potential customers could connect to.

Tks Marty(Could not reply in the forum: error)

To: "M_Koch@ymail.com" <m_koch@ymail.com>

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 4:19 PM

Subject: Re:  - M1 & M2

M1 & M2

reply from alanrichey42 in Slingbox M1/M2 - View the full discussionIsn't the M2 just a replacement for the M1 ?  I guess the differences are internal.  Why do you need help ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Slingbox M1/M2 by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following M1 & M2 in these streams: Inbox

Metal

I do not own an M1 but I did just buy an M2 and it appears to only work with the Phone Apps and the sling web page. The desktop software is only for setup of the M2 which I believe the M1 was the reason for the desktop software in the first place (the new desktop software not the software from the early 2000s).

I also own a 500 and Sling Pro.

Don't get me started on what works with what. Each new device released is a mystery in and of itself. It crazy at times.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I only have an M1 so can't be certain, but I would be VERY surprised if the Desktop software didn't work with the M2.  No-one else has reported it, so I suspect there is something wrong at your end,.

Metal

It is working as intended, as silly as that is. That's why I said "Don't get me started on what works with what. Each new device released is a mystery in and of itself. It crazy at times."

Slingbox.com - Which SlingPlayer software works with my Slingbox?

* Slingbox M2 uses Slingplayer for Desktop for setup only, and Watch on Slingbox.com for viewing TV. The Slingbox M1 uses Slingplayer for Desktop for BOTH setup and viewing TV.

alanrichey42 Master

I gave up on trying to understand the logic behind Sling's upgrades a long time ago.  The only consistent factor has been that the functionality each new release of hardware or software has been worst than the one it replaced.   The only trouble free setup I have is an original Slingbox Classic and the original Desktop Slingplayer V1.5