9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2016 4:38 PM by mwakefield RSS

Airplay to Apple TV Version 4

ACC1394531

When can we expect an update to the IOS apps that will airplay over the new Apple TV version 4?

• Re: Airplay to Apple TV Version 4
          Kris_alpha

When will this get fixed? With updated iOS apps. Streaming to Apple TV is unusable since ios9. And dosnt work on Apple TV 4.

scollo Newbie
              It's not only the new Apple TV it's the old Apple TV as well. This problem has been going on over 6 months now and frankly sling should not advertise that it works with Apple TV if it doesn't. I have a slingbox pro HD and my Apple TV is useless to me when using the slingbox app. Frustrated here.
              scollo Newbie
              Believe the issue is with the sling app from App Store. Was working fine before they sent thru one of there updates.
                ACC6175071

I also have new AppleTV version 4 and airplay is useless when using slingbox app on either iPhone or iPad. Please create an app for the new AppleTV ‼️

mwakefield

As a long time SlingBox (multiple iterations since Slingbox HD) user and beta tester, I am wondering why there isn't an app available as well. I am more than willing to buy an app in App Store for ATV simply because it's easier and cheaper to do that then pay for routing cable around my house simply to watch cable TV. Forget the headaches of an additional cable TV connection, setup box, weak signal, paying extra for an additional TV outlet and an HD fee on top of that. No thanks.

Forget CableCard, you can't watch DRM channels via cablecard tuners. Yes, I have a SiliconDust Prime CableCard tuner and the apps that support it on ATV4 won't allow me to watch HBO channels because they are DRM tagged.

So, my only other option is SlingBox at this point.

So, SlingMedia...please develop an ATV App Store app for SlingBox for ATV so that I can watch TV around the house where I don't want to route cable.

I would be willing to pay $19.99 for a SlingBox for ATV app.