5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2016 3:55 PM by ACC65359 RSS

STILL no sling player app for Apple TV 4??

pterkhorn

Will someone from sling please explain why there is not an app on the new Apple TV App Store.

When will you make this available???

• Re: STILL no sling player app for Apple TV 4??
          ACC6175071

Why is there no response to this?

machine3

I'd like to know why there isn't a app for Apple TV also

ckugo

Waiting anxiously for this as well. Some news would be nice.

breevesdc

As a 5-year user of Slingbox, I have been looking for better alternatives for about 2 years now. Unfortunately, I have not found one that truly suits my needs yet. As soon as I do, I am jumping ship.

This company doesn't get it. If they really understood the way people want to use their Slingboxes, they would have had an app ready to coincide with the Apple TV 4 release. They have been (at best) indifferent to the home theater experience. They seem to think that people are a lot more interested in watching their slingboxes on mobile devices. And as a company, they seem to be a lot more interested in ventures that are either destined to fail (SlingTV) or destined to alienate their customers (forced advertisements on our Sling Players).

Every year, I eagerly anticipate news from Sling at CES (a time of year that many consumer electronics companies release new products and/or devices) only to be disappointed year after year after year. It's been really frustrating to watch what was a fantastic idea go down the tubes the way it has under Dish.

An Apple TV 4 app would be a huge step forward for Sling. The void of news on this front is disappointing. Especially since they already have an iOS app for the iPhone and the iPad. Porting it over to the Apple TV 4 can't be that difficult.

Brian

ACC65359

Would be really nice to have, not to say that it would bring a better end result than streaming from an ios device to the appletv. I would pay for this app...