5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2015 10:00 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Passthrough concept

Slymeister13

Quick question: I don't want for my slingbox to change channels on a home tv when i'm remote watching....so can i just connect the tv source to it via component cables, connect the IR blasters to the tv box, connect the slingbox to the router via ethernet cable and remote watch that way?

• Re: Passthrough concept
          alanrichey42 Master

No.  Unless I misunderstand what you are saying, your Home TV and the Slingbox are using the same TV source (cable box ?).   That can only output one channel at a time so both have to watch the same channel.  If you want them to be independent you will have to provide the Slingbox with it's own TV source.

Slymeister13

if my sling box is properly connected to a cable box and router, can I remote watch without it being actually connected to a tv? Right now I have 2 tvs, and 2 cable boxes (Rogers Nextbox).....if i were to get a 3rd cable box, and connect it to my sling box, and the sling box to my router, could I then remote watch?

Slymeister13

Thank you Alan!

Now lastly, does it matter to the Slingbox where it is in the queue of devices? Will it still control the cable box if it is comes after the cable box in the connection flow, i.e. from wall to cable box to sling box....with sling box connected to the cable box by component cables, and to the router via the ethernet cable?