3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2015 5:36 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Change channels on PC

ACC6495947
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I need help.  I connected my Slingbox 500. I'm now trying to watch the World series on ny PC.  I'm connected but I can't change the channel.  We tried turning off the TV but that disconnected the PC too.  How can I change channels on the PC?

• Re: Change channels on PC
          alanrichey42 Master

You don't give us much to go here, for example, Is the remote image displayed ?

Please provide LOTS more information.

• Re: Change channels on PC
              ACC6495947

Sorry for the lack of information. 

The Sling is attached to the TV and cable box down stairs.  I was trying to access it from my PC and could only get the "the game" that was on down stairs.  I could get the guide to come up, but if I clicked on something within the guide list, it would not switch.  I did see the icon for the remote control but nothing would happen if I clicked.  We tried turning off the TV down stairs and leaving the Sling box on, but that didn't work either.  Our main focus going forward is accessing the Sling Box from our lake home.  Sometimes the DirectTV is not reliable there.....  Right now we're just in the process of testing to become familiar with it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.