1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 31, 2015 11:02 AM by 255230010350039 RSS

Video suddenly stops for Mac Plug-Ins

justinmstoll

Hello:

My video suddenly stops when using slingplayer for my Mac laptop.  The video quality is great for about 5-15 minutes and then suddenly stops working; it buffers/scales to the point that the video is mostly frozen.  I disconnect and reconnect and the video resumes in high quality for another 5-15 minutes.  This happens on every browser plug-in, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  The slingplayer app for my iPhone 6 works great and the video never drops.

The slingplayer desktop plug-ins worked fine for about a week and a half.  I just started experiencing this problem this week.  I called support and they believe it may be an Internet speed issue or that I have to "port forward," whatever that means.  I'm getting 50 Mb/s here and about 20 where the box sits so I'm not convinced it's a speed issue, especially since the video runs fine on my iPhone.  Do smaller devices use less bandwidth? 

Just wondering if anyone else experienced a sudden problem with the desktop plug-ins, or if there are some advacned settings within the browsers I'm supposed to be tinkering with?

Thanks!