14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2017 1:17 PM by ACC6616734 RSS

Slingbox and chromecast issues

brambilalo

Hi,

I bought a slingbox and a chromecast to watch TV from my home in another city but since I bought it I've been having the same issues again and again. This issue is similar to one from another post but did not get any resolution the other post name is:  Chromecast Android Issues 

Basically the issue is when I send the signal to the chromecast either with my android phone (I have used several android phones with different version of android) or my Ipad) everything goes smoothly but after 5 minutes the image shrinks and I get lines under the image also audio will get cut and after around 30 secs or so I get disconnected. So basically is useless to watch my slingplayer on my TV via chromescast. I have reseted the chromecast and one time it worked but since then this does not work.

This does not happen when I use the slingplayer directly on any of my devices don't know what else to do.

Thanks

• Re: Slingbox and chromecast issues
          heather.sling Newbie

Hello,

Would love to help out with the issue you are having, just need a bit of information. Have you tried to use Chromecast in multiple locations? Have you done a speed test in those locations? if not please go to speedtest.net and reply back with the results. A speed test from the home location where the Slingbox is would be great as well. Sometimes when you do not have adequate speeds, it will create issues for using connected devices. I would say uninstall and reinstall the applications, but since it is happening on multiple devices, I do not think it is the issue. Make sure the version of Android being used is Android 4.0+, also the versions of iPhone, iPad, and or iPod touch is iOS 7.x or later. Please reply with any other added information

Thank You

Sling Media Support

Heather

alexpinho22

Exact same issue with me. Slingbox support - this is NOT an issue with the speed of our connections. I have a network connection of 50 mbps down/25 mbps up. In fact, it is guaranteed that it is not an issue with speed, because the stream plays just fine, but ridiculously shrinked. There is just much too many issues with this app, especially after I had purchased it for $15 is atrocious.

brambilalo

Exactly as Alex mentioned this is not an issue about our network

connection, My network, where slingbox is located is around 50 mbps

symmetrical and where I´m trying to see it is around 10 mbps symmetrical.

So this should not be the issue, the issue in here as well as other

problems is always with chromecast and slingplayer. From the post I´m

refering there are comments regarding this same setup but with Roku not

having any issues.

Also there is no issue regarding my version from ipad and android, my ipad

is running ios 9.0 and it also happened with ios 8.0. Also from three of my

android devices they are running android 4.2 and one is running 5.0. So

also this is not the issue. Please look more into the app than our devices

that is where the issue is.

clubtech

I have the same exact issue as the OP.

No matter the source device (it can be IOS, Android etc..). No matter the Wifi network used when casting Slingbox 500 to the Chromecast, it will work fine for 5 minutes or so, then the picture will be chopped to the upper part of the screen, the lower part will become distorted, audio will be choppy and after about 30 seconds it will disconnect.

This is not a network issue, this is either an issue with your Chromecast app or the Slingbox firmware and Chromecast compatibility.

This only started happening in the last couple of weeks. I never had this issue before a few weeks ago.

I also tried to stream to multiple Chromecasts and it's the same, so it is not a specific Chromecast.

I also see a few other threads in this forum regarding the same issue.

20151026_130003.jpg

sportsmaster68

I am having the exact same issue as depicted in the this thread.  This was not an issue for me until Chromecast hardware version 2.0. It worked fine on the original version of Chromecast.  I have already been through Chromecast support with Google and they have stated I (we) need to open the issue with Slingbox so here I am.  Please help. If Slingplayer support is watching:  I have tried using both a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and a friend's Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - casting to a new (second generation) Chromecast.  I can cast any other video app, i.e. Plex, CBS, Fox, etc., with no issues at all.  Please help.

sportsmaster68

Heather,

Is anyone taking a look at this? I have paid for the slingplayer app and am getting no help at all.  Here is the detail again:  Casting to Chromecast only works for about 5 minutes, then the screen shrinks and streaming fails. If Slingplayer support is watching:  I have tried using both a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and a friend's Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - casting to a new (second generation) Chromecast.  I can cast any other video app, i.e. Plex, CBS, Fox, etc., with no issues at all.  Please help. 

What additional information do you need to help troubleshoot?  I am available to assist or troubleshoot if needed.

Thanks,

Shawn

ACC6119231

Good Evening Heather,

Do you happen to have any status updates regarding the Slingplayer/Chromecast 2.0 casting issue? I'm seeing many other customers experiencing the exact same problem that I am having with the picture and audio cutting out after several minutes. Can you please advise at your earliest convenience? Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt C.

sportsmaster68

I am having the exact same issue as depicted in the picture above.  This was not an issue for me until Chromecast hardware version 2.0. It worked fine on the original version of Chromecast.  I have already been through Chromecast support with Google and they have stated I (we) need to open the issue with Slingbox so here I am.  Please help. If Slingplayer support is watching:  I have tried using both a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and a friend's Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - casting to a new (second generation) Chromecast.  I can cast any other video app, i.e. Plex, CBS, Fox, etc., with no issues at all.  Please help.

ekbsrk Newbie

Same problem here.

See the additional thread I started for this issue.

Screen distortion when casting to 2nd Gen Chromecast

ACC6616734

My IOS slingplayer will connect to chromecast for 5 minutes and then kick me out to the chromecast page. Completely useless.