6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2015 8:44 AM by mrdunn RSS

How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection?

mrdunn

My Slingbox 350 started to drop connections every  few minutes and frequently won't connect at all.  There were no changes to my router, etc during this time, and I get very fast internet speeds and A ping.  When on another network receiving, same problem, including 4G on my phone. I have spent several hours  doing all the suggestions in the help files to reconfigure my router, etc to no avail.  Reset several times and reconfigured, no change. Is it possible/likely that my Slingbox is defective after several years of use.This all happened suddenly with no change in my network.

• Re: How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection?
          latona20

I just posted the exact same issues with my 350 on a separate thread, bummer to see you don't have any responses. Sling box use to be an amazing product, but they're going downhill fast! Sad really......

mrdunn

I just bought a m1 for a great price, will let you know if it works better.thanks for the reply.

To: michael dunn <mrdunn@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:50 PM

Subject: Re:  - How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection?

reply from latona20 in Networking your Slingbox 350 - View the full discussionI just posted the exact same issues with my 350 on a separate thread, bummer to see you don't have any responses. Sling box use to be an amazing product, but they're going downhill fast! Sad really......

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox 350 by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection? in these streams: Inbox

mrdunn

Well, I bought a M1 for $85 on Craigslist that was supposed to be use, but when I registered it, it turned out to be brand new.  It was very easy to set up, and now works perfectly, so I suppose the 350 became defective, or maybe the Sling server is no longer supporting it?

To: michael dunn <mrdunn@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:50 PM

Subject: Re:  - How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection?

reply from latona20 in Networking your Slingbox 350 - View the full discussionI just posted the exact same issues with my 350 on a separate thread, bummer to see you don't have any responses. Sling box use to be an amazing product, but they're going downhill fast! Sad really......

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox 350 by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection? in these streams: Inbox

mrdunn

The new M1 I bought for a great price on craigslist works perfectly, so I guess my 350 became defective, unless Sling's servers no longer support the 350?

latona20

Thanks for the info! I just bought a new M1 on Amazon, and should have it within days. Hopefully this corrects my problem because the 350 is basically useless at this point. Thanks again!

mrdunn

The setup was easier too and it still works flawlessly.  I have a very complex network with multiple routers and switches; the M1 just worked.  Couldn't get it to work with my Comcast  X1 box set to 1080p, says unsupported, but 1080i works fine.  Not a big deal for me, I can't tell the difference.  Let me know how it works for you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Subject:Re:  - How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection?

reply from latona20 in Networking your Slingbox 350 - View the full discussion

Thanks for the info! I just bought a new M1 on Amazon, and should have it within days. Hopefully this corrects my problem because the 350 is basically useless at this point. Thanks again!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum      Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox 350 by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum            Following How to fix slingbox 350 intermittantly dropping connection? in these streams: Inbox