8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2015 2:00 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Control for Samsung Satellite Set Top Box GX-TV535SH/TKV

ACC6484238
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi Guys.

using slingbox 500

need help for remote control my satellite set top box.

my set top box is Samsung GX-TV535SH/TKV with Remote BN59-01175B.

I lived in Indonesia with TransVision Provider.

as far as i can see the list for satellite box, only Indovision set top box on the list.

anyone who can help me?

if you need the picture of my set top box and remote control let me know.

Grazie,

• Re: Remote Control for Samsung Satellite Set Top Box GX-TV535SH/TKV
          alanrichey42 Master

Couldn't find this box but did find the Samsung GX-MS535SH.  Hopefully it uses the same codes ?

Any good ?

ACC6484238

Hi Alan,

Cannot work. tried those 2 .BIN but virtual remote not response at all.

anything i can help for remote control should work ?

and yes my set top box can only find in indonesia because only my provider provide these STB.

alanrichey42 Master

Even though I asked you in the README file to read the instructions in full you seem to have ignored the part that says..

"... If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:...." and 12 questions ?

ACC6484238

Pardon me, really im sorry to ignore your message. about doesn't work.

got progress about my Remote.

but i dont know how to convert to .BIN file

CH Up            4F5830CF

Ch down                     4F58B04F

Vol Up                        4F5850AF

Vol Down                   4F58D02F

Up                               4F5808F7

Right               4F58C837

Down              4F5848B7

Left                             4F588877

OK                              4F5828D7

Menu               4F58649B

EPG                            4F58EC13

Exit                             4F58A857

Return             4F5834CB

ChList             4F586C93

Mute                4F5804FB

Power              4F587887

do you any idea ?

alanrichey42 Master

It's not really enough, but the experts over at the JP1 forum have made an educated guess and reckon the Custom Remote at Samsung SMT-C5050 might work ?

alanrichey42 Master

Well ?   What happened, we need to know.

ACC6484238

Hi Alan.

okay i had read the readme. so this is it

1.   What model Slingbox do you have?

- Slingbox 500

2.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button?

- nope, only freez at a moment like 0.5 second then not affect

3.   Did you give the commands plenty of time to react?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

Yes, almost 20 to 30 times.

4.   If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?

- i don't know what solo mean, but yes i tried both BIN files

5.   After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?

- nope

6.   If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for).  If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster?

- Yes, Slingbox remote works when my tried with my mobile phone camera

7.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster?  On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly.  Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.

- i dont understand this question

8.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?

Yes, confirmed.

9.   Are you sure your device is set to use IR ?  Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.

- My box using IR

10.  If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?

- No, Only my set top box

11.   Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ?  This has been found to help.

- everytime like 5 to 10 times reset the slingbox

12.  Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote?  If so let me know.

- nope