5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2015 8:22 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

No video signal, but I followed all directions...

lightnor

Dealing with more issues... I believe I have everything set up correctly, but am getting a No Video Signal message when I try to bring it up.  Audio is coming through ok, but no video.  Take a look at pics.  Am I doing something wrong?

Displaying IMG_3458.JPG

Displaying IMG_3457.JPG

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Norman

• Re: No video signal, but I followed all directions...
          alanrichey42 Master

We don't have access to the links so can't help.   Please describe EXACTLY how you have your STB, Slingbox and TV connected.

lightnor

By links, do you mean you can't see the images I posted?  I'll try in this

message.

But I have a DirecTV C31-700 (it's not the main living room receiver but a

smaller bedroom receiver).  I bought a 10-pin component cable to connect

from the receiver to the back of the Slingbox.  So I have it going 10-pins

from C31 that converts to Red/Blue/Green/Red/White HD into the IN's on the

Slingbox.  I don't actually have the Slingbox hooked up to a TV because I

took the TV with me, but that technically shouldn't stop me from being able

to watch online.  Let me know if this makes sense.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 3:36 AM, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>

alanrichey42 Master

OK, now I can see the pictures.   I don't have much experience of the 10-pin plug but it all looks OK.

The fact that you get that message means the video signal is getting through, so this has nothing to do with the Slingbox.   I assume the device is actually switched on ?   Have you checked to see if HDCP is affecting you (Unplug any HDMI cables from your main receiver and see if the video appears)

lightnor

The DirecTV reciever was switched on (even though I believe that shouldn't

necessarily matter as I should be able to watch anything thru my slingbox

without having to be there to turn the receiver on and off every time, that

would defeat the purpose and I hope I'm right about that..) But even if,

yes the receiver was on, I was getting audio, but still no video.  I don't

know what HDCP is.  Do you mean unplug HDMI cables from the main living

room receiver I'm not hooked up to?  Also, I did unplug all HDMI cables

from my receiver.  It's only that 10-pin to the slingbox that is plugged

into it.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:41 AM, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>

alanrichey42 Master

I don't know what HDCP is. 

Google it or search on here.  There are dozens and dozens of posts about it.

Do you mean unplug HDMI cables from the main living

room receiver I'm not hooked up to?

Yes.

And have you tried plugging the component leads into a TV to see if they are working.   If you get the same message on the TV then it has nothing to do with the Slingbox and you will have to check out the DirecTV forum.