3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2015 4:39 AM by jayro RSS

Player fails in Firefox 41.0.2

jayro
    Visibility: Open to anyone

My Firefox browser recently upgraded to V41.0.2, now when I browse to newwatch.slingbox.com I am prompted:

"Activate the Firefox SlingPlayer Web Plug-in."

In the left panel, I see "Click below to activate the SlingPlayer Web Plug-in."

... but it's just a black box.  Click the black box?

I tried that, nothing, the cursor (mouse pointer) flips between normal arrow and hour-glass-wait rapidly, like the slingbox page is trying to do something, but nothing ever happens.

So I uninstalled slingbox from Firefox, re-install seemed to go smoothly, until this same "Activate the Firefox SlingPlayer Web Plug-in." page.

Again, clicking the empty black box the cursor flips rapidly between normal-arrow and hour-glass-wait.

Watching Task Manager, my CPU is running about 10% just for firefox.exe, and "Mem Usage" is continuously increasing, 200M at first bu now over 340M(!).

Still no SlingPlayer.

Ugh, you wanna get a guy really steaming upset, just get in the way of his plan to watch the football game!

I am not seeing a "notify me" setting in this forum, so please shoot me an email if you respond here: jayro -at- ohmancorp.com

Thanks!!