2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2010 7:28 PM by cm0002 RSS

Slingbox not receiving ip address from router

cm0002

I currently have my router set up on a home in-wall ethernet network which then goes into a d-link dir-615 running on the latest DD-WRT firmware. now the network light on the slingbox goes on but the slingbox doesn't appear in the network connetion list which means that it isn't being assigned an ip address(or if it is it isn't showing) which is very perplexing and when i try to connect to its the slingplayer softwear says it can't detect the slingbox and i can't forward the ports if i don't know the ip address ive tried to reset the router the alingbox and anything else with a reset button but still no luck, what is wrong?

• Re: Slingbox not receiving ip address from router
          eferz Expert

cm0002 wrote:

I currently have my router set up on a home in-wall ethernet network which then goes into a d-link dir-615 running on the latest DD-WRT firmware. now the network light on the slingbox goes on but the slingbox doesn't appear in the network connetion list which means that it isn't being assigned an ip address(or if it is it isn't showing) which is very perplexing and when i try to connect to its the slingplayer softwear says it can't detect the slingbox and i can't forward the ports if i don't know the ip address ive tried to reset the router the alingbox and anything else with a reset button but still no luck, what is wrong?

I heard about people having problems getting the Slingbox to accept DHCP address from DD-WRT modified routers.  Yiou might consider going back to the the current D-Link firmware to run DHCP long enough to set a satitic IP address on your Slingbox.  Then feel free to go back to the DD-WRT.

• Re: Slingbox not receiving ip address from router
            cm0002

Doing a Full factory reset did the trick just so people kwho have this problem in the furture hold the reset button for 30 secends todo a factory reset, just like if you got a whole new router