5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2015 9:21 AM by khriswc RSS

Guest Password?

khriswc
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a Slingbox 350 and want to set up a guest password for family members.  I found instructions on the support site, but they do not apply, there is neither a 'add guest' icon nor a link in settings on my account screen.  I am the owner of the account.  Anyone know how this needs to be done?  I noticed that other people have asked this question here but were just given a link to the page I've already referenced.

• Re: Guest Password?
          sakisson Novice

Using the 350 you can create a guest account > once you logged and streaming using any browser and before you expand to full screen, on the top right of your video you will see a person sign with + , by clicking there you will be invited to create a guest account by tying your family member email address

he will receive an invitation to either create a sling account where automatically your slingbox will be added or simply login to his already existed account

In the same page you can easily remove guest account simply by deleted the email address of your family member, in this way you dont need to share your email address ...

• Re: Guest Password?
              khriswc

Thank you for your reply Sakis.  I am familiar with the person Icon with the plus sign, however it is not there, on any of the screens.  I've also tried to go through the settings method as well and there is no option there either.  The directions state that only the owner will see this icon, so I double checked and confirmed that I am listed as the owner.  I cannot figure out why the icon is not there.