2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2016 4:39 PM by mwakefield Branched to a new discussion. RSS

WE NEED AN APP ON APPLE TV!!!

paulk22

This would be so awesome and make sling box a way better product if you were able to get a sling box app right off your apple tv and you would no longer need to airplay! Also, is there a reason why there are no apps for smart tvs or playstation 4's?

• Re: WE NEED AN APP ON APPLE TV!!!
          tgwaste

We have another topic about this too.  They refuse to answer or acknowledge us.  I hate this company now.

Heres the other thread:

https://community.slingbox.com/message/128699#128699

• Re: WE NEED AN APP ON APPLE TV!!!
            mwakefield

As a long time SlingBox (multiple iterations since Slingbox HD) user and beta tester, I am wondering why there isn't an app available as well. I am more than willing to buy an app in App Store for ATV simply because it's easier and cheaper to do that then pay for routing cable around my house simply to watch cable TV. Forget the headaches of an additional cable TV connection, setup box, weak signal, paying extra for an additional TV outlet and an HD fee on top of that. No thanks.

Forget CableCard, you can't watch DRM channels via cablecard tuners. Yes, I have a SiliconDust Prime CableCard tuner and the apps that support it on ATV4 won't allow me to watch HBO channels because they are DRM tagged.

So, my only other option is SlingBox at this point.

So, SlingMedia...please develop an ATV App Store app for SlingBox for ATV so that I can watch TV around the house where I don't want to route cable.

I would be willing to pay $19.99 for a SlingBox for ATV app.