12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2016 6:09 PM by spoirier RSS

Cisco 9865HDC is not listed.

tommymorel

My Cisco PVR cable box Cisco 9865HDC is not listed, so I cannot add a remote control.

• Re: Cisco 9865HDC is not listed.
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

casaloma

Sure do wish we could find that remote for this Cisco 9865HDC box from COX...and YES, i searched everything over the past two days and have not found a helpful or successful answer to this problem.

alanrichey42 Master

Surprising, as it is a pretty standard box.    I think the Custom Remote I built at Cisco and Scientific Explorer 8xxxx and 4xxx Series should work  (if so I better add 9xxx to the description )

casaloma

Thanks for the tip.  I downloaded the bin file and used the C1877_PL.bin file and installed it as per the instructions.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

For disclosure, my Cisco 9865HDC box is from Cox in Phoenix and I'm using a Slingbox 500 on component cables.

Any other ideas?

alanrichey42 Master

Please go back and do as I asked in the README file and read the installation instructions in full.

casaloma

Thanks Alan for your help but I did read the instructions clearly and not sure what I may have missed.  I also tried the other file which was stated for older slinbox's but it didn't work either. 

This is what I would like to know, does anyone have knowledge that there is in fact any remote file which absolutely does work on the Cisco 9865HDC box from Cox?

alanrichey42 Master

Thanks for the tip.  I downloaded the bin file and used the C1877_PL.bin file and installed it as per the instructions.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

Quote from the instructions:

If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:   Followed by 12 equations

casaloma

Ok, here are my answers.

1.   What model Slingbox do you have? 500

2.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)? No, it loaded just fine and the remote popped on my screen but none of the buttons worked.

3.   Did you give the commands plenty of time to react?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)  Absolutely.  Like 30 seconds or so.

4.   If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files? I tried both files even though I don't have a Solo.

5.   After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? No

6.   If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for).  If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster? If this is the small pyramid type device which sits in front of the cable box then yes.  I used it also with my old Cable box and worked just fine.

7.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster?  On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly.  Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.  Yes, started in the middle about 4" in front and moved it all around.

8.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? If you mean the cable box remote then Yes, that works just fine.

9.   Are you sure your device is set to use IR ?  Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.  I have no idea if the Cisco 9865HDC cable box uses IR or RF.

10.  If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ? I don't understand how to check or confirm this.

11.   Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ?  This has been found to help. Yes

12.  Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote?  If so let me know. No