2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2015 9:44 AM by davidrmay Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Slingplayer works on Phone but not on Tablet

davidrmay

Slingplayer Free for Phone works on my Samsung Tablet (SM-T217A) Android V4.2.2.

However, Slingplayer Free for Tablet does not work.  I get error something like.. Slingplayer for Android not compatible with Slingbox.  Upgrade Slingbox.

The SF4P screen quality is not that great and would like to try out the Tablet version.  Any suggestions to get it to work?

• Re: Slingplayer works on Phone but not on Tablet
          evan.sling Novice

Hi David!

I took a look into your account, and see you have a Slingbox PRO, which would explain the error message you are getting.  It looks like the Slingbox you own is not compatible with the Slingplayer for Tablet app.  Take a look at this article:

In addition, you will want to make sure you set up internet viewing for the Slingbox next time you are at home with the Slingbox.  This should help greatly with your picture quality issue.  Just go to setup.slingbox.com using a computer that is connected on the same network as the Slingbox is, and go to "Set up internet viewing".

Here is one more article that helps address quality issues:

Hope this helps!

-Evan

• Re: Slingplayer works on Phone but not on Tablet
              davidrmay

Evan:  Thanks for the quick reply.

The second referenced link seems to be the same as the first referenced link.

When I try setup.slingbox.com.  I see Get Started, check plugins, loading applications.  I select my Slingbox Pro and then have five choices.  I select "Set Up Internet Viewing" and on the next screen I just see the rotating slingbox logo balls - round and round and round.  (I'm using Safari from Macbook Air 10.10.5).  Chrome v45+ on Macbook Air or Windows 7 Pro 32-bit gives error not supported browser or OS combination.  Though when I check support page, it clearly supports Chrome V44+ on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit.

I'm out of pc and mac to try.  suggestions?