2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 7:43 AM by renevatio RSS

What's the Difference Between SlingPlayer Premium and SlingPlayer Free for iPhone

litwine

Just received an email that the old SlingPlayer for iPhone is becoming obsolete.

When I went to iTunes, I see 2 downloads.

One costs 14.99 and one is free.

What does the 14.99 version give me over the free version.

Efrem

• Re: What's the Difference Between SlingPlayer Premium and SlingPlayer Free for iPhone
          renevatio

the $14.99 is the one that is going to be obsolete starting Oct 1. You will need to download the "free" one that offers in-app purchases. But, if you are like me, you already purchased the Slingplayer app in the past. This means that you will have to PAY AGAIN to remove the ads from the "free" version.

I just reached out to Apply directly about this becasue I refuse to pay $29.95 to contact Sling directly. I have had great experiences in the past when dealing with the Apple iTunes support and I will report back with an update.

I told Apple that in 2010 I purchased the iPhone app for $29.99 and the iPad app in 2013 for $14.99 and that Sling Media is obviously releasing a "free" app with in-app purchases to be able to double-charge existing customers for the SAME apps. Apple usually doesn't deal nicely with companies who try to game the iTunes system so I am hoping that if enough of us contact them, they will come down hard on Sling. The sling boxes are expensive, the apps were expensive historically, and the apps have pretty terrible user experiences (low res graphics, custom/clunky keyboards, etc), they charge you $29.95 to contact support, and yet they are STILL trying to milk more money from their customers.

I hope Apple can make this right for us.