1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 7, 2015 11:56 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

M1 setup with DirecTV HR44 and Xbox 360

PFS

Hi,

I thought I had everything set up properly, but I get this error when I try to watch certain channels or even recorded stuff: "Your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TVs HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program."

I have an HDMI cable going into the TV (Samsung LED) from the HR44 and the Xbox. I have red, green and blue component cables from the HR44 to the M1 input, and red and white from the HR44 to the M1 input. The M1's outputs are not used right now. Cable signal goes into the HR44.

I have four TVs total in house being fed DirecTV signal, two of which are HD with HDMI connections to their own local box.

I can't "replace the TV's HDMI cable with component cables" because they are going to the Slingbox. If I use the component output on the M1 and unplug the HDMI cable, it works but I can't watch that TV normally because it says there's no signal input. If I leave the HDMI plugged in, then I get the same error message.

How can I make this work? Obviously, I'm not doing something right. Thanks!

Pete

UPDATE: So for some reason, I got an error trying to respond to Alan's post, so I'm replying here instead. I appreciate the help, and I figured out my problem now, but I'm guessing you didn't read my entire post before replying?

"If I use the component output on the M1 and unplug the HDMI cable, it works but I can't watch that TV normally because it says there's no signal input. If I leave the HDMI plugged in, then I get the same error message."

As I said, I thought I had everything set up properly and I tried using the component cable passthrough solution offered, but I was getting a no signal input message on the TV. Turns out, all I had to do was change the TV's input source to component. Admittedly, I am a moron at times, but I did search for the answer as I always do before posting. Repeating what I had already said I tried was not helpful.

IMG_1252.JPGIMG_1255.JPG

• Re: M1 setup with DirecTV HR44 and Xbox 360
          alanrichey42 Master

I'm guessing you didn't do a Forum Search before posting this ?    There are dozens and dozens of posts about this since DirecTV implemented HDCP a few weeks back.   What you need to do is remove the HDMI cable from the box that is feeding the Slingbox and then feed the TV from the Component OUT plugs on the M1.