6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2015 9:51 PM by ACC99072 RSS

PAID VERSION TO REMOVE ADS?

ACC6453393 Newbie

I use to be a HAVA user back in the day and just got done setting up my Slingbox 500. It works ok so far, the apps are a little glitchy but once it gets buffered it seems to work fine. Anyway I see there is ADS in the Slingplayer. I see a lot of complaints on the ads, while I understand continued software development is not free I expect an ad free option. I consider a Slingbox 500 a premium product and expect premium features INCLUDING NO ADS. I hate ads, it wrecks the sling player and takes up valuable space where I could have bigger video instead of a banner ad. I am also a user of Sonos and while Sonos is very expensive, I don't have a problem with ads. If the free version comes with ads I have no problem with that, but where is the purchase option to permanently REMOVE ads. I would much rather pay a fee to purchase and get continued updates and bug fixes. I will consider returning this, I really don't know how stuff like this gets past testing at the top level. I would fire the person that ok'd this decision without offering customers a way to remove them. Totally unacceptable When can we expect to see an option to remove ads and I don't care if it's a reasonable fee but for god sakes give us the option. These ads are awful

• Re: PAID VERSION TO REMOVE ADS?
          mtorparn

Hi D Smoke,

I don´t like ads either and I don´t have to see them when I select full screen and then wait for some 5 sec and not moving the mouse!

I have another problem though as I can´t use IE11 on my Win10 computer to run Slingplayer. This problem solved by using Firefox instead.

My slingbox is a 350.

ACC6453393 Newbie

I just bought the in app purchase for my iPad sling app to remove ads. It is wonderful, I'm not bothered when using my iPad or phone now. I really had zero problems paying $15 bucks to help support and update the app what I do have a problem with, this is NOT carried over to the windows desktop version which is not acceptable. An option to remove them is a MUST. How do they even release such a product without giving people the option to pay there way out which again I have no problem as long as it's a reasonable fee. These desktop ads are JUST AWFUL. My mobile experience is wonderful, I want the same on my desktop.

ACC99072

Agreed. We would all gladly pay for a windows and MAC version with no adds. Common Sense.

surge3

Guys, just add their ad servers to your block list on.  They use standard ad servers...It's not hard.

ACC6453393 Newbie

It's not that hard but that's isn't the point. Most users aren't going to have any idea how to block ads when they shouldn't even have to worry about this in the first place. I purchased the ad free version for my mobile apps and well worth $15 I think that is a fair price. That said this should extend to desktop. How stuff like this gets past testing and deployed is just beyond me. Sling has taking nothing but a beating since they started doing this. When I go to show off my mine I have told every person I have showed not to buy this thing until they get rid of ads. Morons at the top of Sling running things.

ACC99072

What is the name of thier add server