4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2015 7:22 AM by 9Fo027i4k3 RSS

Old Slingbox

9Fo027i4k3

I have a Slingbox that's about four years old.  It may be the Slingbox just before the M1 or it's an equivalent. 

I'm trying to reset it, it starts out fine. the box is recognized, but when it gets to the point where it's downloading the software update, it only gets to 25% an then freezes. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

• Re: Old Slingbox
          alanrichey42 Master

Did you not do a Forum Search or Google search before posting this ?   There are dozens of posts about this.   (The answer is use a Windows machine, the Mac software is broken)

• Re: Old Slingbox
              9Fo027i4k3

Alan,

Sorry for the confusion.  I was using the Slingbox site, and not being very familiar with their site (rarely needed), or using forums (since I’ve never needed one before), in my hurry

I missed the forum search and then posted to the wrong place and then couldn’t undo it.  My bad.

You have more than likely saved the Slingbox from being recycled, and me a bit of money.

Thank you for the input.

Sincerely,

Randy Christopherson

P.S.  Hooray, I get to fire up one of my old desktops I built with Windows XP! (I thought you might get a kick out of that)!