4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 12:05 PM by eferz RSS

Slingbox Pro wont reset

shadow6m10

My sling box pro has been working fine and one day just stopped working.  I was unable to connect to the box at home or anywhere else.  Checked router and connections nothing had changed.  bypassed the router with the same result.  I tried the reset button but nothing happens.  Is my sling box dead?  Any suggestions?

• Re: Slingbox Pro wont reset
          joe221

Muine did the same thing today. I'm seeing a lot of Slingbox Pros dieing on this forum right now. Not tech problems, dead, morte gave up the ghost. Not good.

eferz Expert

If you've exhausted the network troubleshooting, then I recommend testing the AC adapter.  As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  If you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.

joe221

I couldn't fathom throwing out $30ish on a power connector when lights were lighting up. It's most likely the unit. So I threw out $154 on a Solo.

eferz Expert

I can understand you're observation.  Though, it doesn't take much electricity to power those LEDs.  It's unfortunate that the Sling Media engineers didn't put some sort of warning mechanism to indicate if the AC adapter isn't supplying the proper current.  But, if you search this forum for threads dealing with "AC adapters", you'll find that there are many symptoms which were resolved after testing with another compatible AC adapter.  For example (https://community.sling.com/message/1939#1939).