6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2010 11:55 AM by ranaleon RSS

Controlling a Virgin V+ box using Slingplayer Mobile 1.6

gbjbasdw

The Virgin V+ box remote control has a "V+" and a "Home" button.

There seems no way to get these buttons "pressed" using the Slingplayer Mobile 1.6. ( has to be version 1.6 for me as my PDA is an old one )

Anyone know if it is possible and how to acheive it ?

I can get sound and picture streamed fine as well as channel up/down, on/off etc which is fine for watching live TV.

The PC version of Slingplayer has these buttons on the vurtual remote control that is displayed.

Thanks

Steve

• Re: Controlling a Virgin V+ box using Slingplayer Mobile 1.6
          eferz Expert

The Slingplayer Mobile is interpreting the remote profile that was  uploaded to your Slingbox differently than the Slingplayer Desktop.  So, the only way around it, is to use a custom remote bin file.  Try this file (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8610).  Its a custom remote profile for the V+ Duo, I'm not 100% it will work with your box but it should.  If you're still missing the keys on your mobile client, then we can modify the bin file to duplicate the "V+" and "Home" buttons on an unassign keymaps or in a worse case scenario replace a current keymap.

Instructions on how to use it is contained in the readme file within the zip archive.

gbjbasw

Thanks for the reply.

As the PC Slingplayer works perfectly with the delivered Virgin V+ box virtual remote I am very loathe to change it.

I think I will just have to live with only being able to use live TV functions on the Slingplayer Mobile and use the PC version of Slingplayer to watch recorded content.

Thanks again

Steve

eferz Expert

You're welcome.  Sorry, I couldn't have given you a better answer.

alanrichey42 Master

gbjbasw wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

As the PC Slingplayer works perfectly with the delivered Virgin V+ box virtual remote I am very loathe to change it.

I think I will just have to live with only being able to use live TV functions on the Slingplayer Mobile and use the PC version of Slingplayer to watch recorded content.

Thanks again

Steve

If you are prepared to work with me I should be able to build you a Custom Remote that is identical to the one you see on the PC Slingplayer but will also work on the Slingplayer Mobile.   If you are interested, first thing i need to know is the Manufacturer and Model number of your Virgin box.

Cheers

Al

alanrichey42 Master

Alan Richey wrote:

If you are prepared to work with me I should be able to build you a Custom Remote that is identical to the one you see on the PC Slingplayer but will also work on the Slingplayer Mobile.  

Apparently not

But if there are any other Virgin V+ users out there who fancy a go, try installing the attached Custom Remote.  It should look and work EXACTLY like the official one.  The 2 major differences being:

1.  It is totally configurable so we can move functions around.

2.  It will work with a US-built Slingbox, unlike the official one (although unfortunately you don't get the pretty remote you get the basic one)

Al

Apprentice

Hi, gbjbasdw.

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

We would like to know if the information provided here helped you to fix the reported issue. Just make sure to post your results!

Regards,
                    The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team