12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2015 5:46 PM by suptob RSS

Remote code for Panasonic

suptob
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I am desperately trying to remote control my Panasonic twin tuner BluRay recorder but have not had ant success. The remote control is IR6, but I haven't been able to load any custom codes despite lengthy searches on the web. Ant help/ideas would be appreciated.

• Re: Remote code for Panasonic
          alanrichey42 Master

What is the model Number ?

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help have you checked out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

suptob

Thanks.

The model number is Panasonic DMR BW880, entering these details have not resulted with a response.

alanrichey42 Master

What happened when you tried the Custom Remote I built for that device ?

suptob

I haven't found any custom remote for the Panasonic DMR BW880. Have done a search in the knowledge base, blog posts, all comments, documents, discussions and looked in the other places you advised. Where should I have found it ?

alanrichey42 Master

In the post I asked you to read at   https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

I quote "...In the short term quite a few Custom Remotes have already been built and have been stored here. Check there to see if your device, or one with a similar name, has been produced..."

Did you not read it ?

suptob

i did see that section and found one for my Dreambox, but none of the ones for Panasonic (different models), do not work for me.Thanks anyway.

To: Paul Demarchi <deancourt@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, 16 August 2015, 21:13

Subject: Re:  - Remote code for Panasonic

reply from alanrichey42 in Paul Demarchi - View the full discussionIn the post I asked you to read at   https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363 I quote "...In the short term quite a few Custom Remotes have already been built and have been stored here. Check there to see if your device, or one with a similar name, has been produced..." Did you not read it ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Paul Demarchi by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Remote code for Panasonic in these streams: Inbox

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry my fault, I misread your post I thought you said the BW-850 not the BW-880.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I just checked and the Logitech IR Database reckons the 850 and the 880 use identical codes.  Unfortunately you didn't follow the instructions and answer the 12 questions I suggest so I can't offer any further ideas on why it didb't work,

suptob

Well Ive downloaded all the panasonic codes, will try them again this weekend, the 850 didn't work for me before, it was the first one I tried.Thanks.

From: alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>

Sent: Sunday, 16 August 2015, 22:49

reply from alanrichey42 in Paul Demarchi - View the full discussionOK, I just checked and the Logitech IR Database reckons the 850 and the 880 use identical codes.  Unfortunately you didn't follow the instructions and answer the 12 questions I suggest so I can't offer any further ideas on why it didb't work,

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

suptob

Tried both codes again i.e. V2030_PL.BIN and V2030_RV.BIN and as I previously advised they just don't work, all other Panasonic codes I downloaded just in case also don't do anything for me, so I guess I'll just give it a miss and use something else.Thanks anyway.

Sent: Sunday, 16 August 2015, 22:49

reply from alanrichey42 in Paul Demarchi - View the full discussionOK, I just checked and the Logitech IR Database reckons the 850 and the 880 use identical codes.  Unfortunately you didn't follow the instructions and answer the 12 questions I suggest so I can't offer any further ideas on why it didb't work,

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I can't help any more as you haven't followed the instructions and reported back on my questions.

suptob

Lot easier to use the Vulkano as it can learn the remote codes. I did go through your check lists etc but concentrated on getting the codes which you suggested would work, anyway too much time wasted,Regards, Paul.

Sent: Monday, 24 August 2015, 2:05

reply from alanrichey42 in Paul Demarchi - View the full discussionOK, I can't help any more as you haven't followed the instructions and reported back on my questions.