1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 14, 2015 10:53 AM by ekbsrk RSS

Anyone successfully used Slingplayer for iPad/iPhone with Chromecast ?

brovner
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have SB M2 and it works fine on iPad and iPhone apps but it will not connect with Chromecast on my TV. (YouTube worked instantly.) I called Slingbox support and they told me a simple reboot of Chromecast fixes the problem most of the time. When it didn't fix the problem, they told me to connect Google. After researching this problem, it appears that nobody has ever been able to connect Slingplayer apps for iPad/iPhone to Chromecast. Does anyone have a fix? - I don't believe Slingbox has a handle on this problem.

• Re: Anyone successfully used Slingplayer for iPad/iPhone with Chromecast ?
          ekbsrk Newbie

Im able to connect to my 350 with both an ipad and iphone. However the connection constantly skips frames and buffers after ~10 mins. 75mbps on the ulpoad (slingbox side) and 75 mbps on the download side (remote location). Also, my chromecast is now hardwired with the ethernet adapter, so no blaming the wifi here. As you said, problems with chromeacast have been visible on this forum for many months. But sling doesnt have any answers, or even responses.