7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2015 10:56 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

slingbox 500

walker0044

I had my slingbox for a year and it worked great, and no problem, Randyman now when I try to watch TV on my phone is says that the HDMI cable  do not support connect the component cables I have done all of that and it still says the same

• Re: slingbox 500
          alanrichey42 Master

I guess you didn't do a Forum Search before posting this ?   And I assume you have DirecTv ?   If so we have been awash with threads about it.   I again guess that what you haven't done is remove the HDMI cable COMPLETELY and feed the TV from the Component OUT on the 500 ?

onecoolpenguin

Instead of providing this douchy reply everytime why don't you just put a link in? I'm now opening the third post of this issue after doing a search and I still don't have an answer to this issue but I do get to see you being an unhelpful jacka** again. Drop a link to the solution or just don't reply. Your number of posts in this forum is troubling, get a job or a hobby that doesn't involve hassling frustrated strangers, lonely guy.

alanrichey42 Master

Nice reply    Actually I did give you the solution, I quote:  "..remove the HDMI cable COMPLETELY and feed the TV from the Component OUT on the 500.."

But as you quite graciously said I am also sick and tired of posting the same 'douchy' reply, it's just that I get p,,,d off with people who are too lazy to do any research themselves before taking the easy route and posting the question for someone else to answer.

Could have been worse, I could have totally ignored you.

Have a nice day

onecoolpenguin

Because you live on these forums you lack perspective. Many times people are visiting or posting for the first time because they're away from home and panicked/frustrated. They have no frame of reference as to how many times you've answered the question nor do they care. Looking at your posting history it seems you're just a ****, or you don't know how to talk to people since you spend most of your time in front of a computer. Learn to be nice or take a break and get some sun.

alanrichey42 Master

Fair enough, you are welcome to your perspective.   Would be different if I actually worked for Sling, then I could be as obsequious as the next man,  But I don't, and when you get to my (advanced) age I don't have the patience to always to be nice to people.   Basically I am trying to educate first time users of the forum that the first thing they should do is search to see if their question has been answered.   If I look back over 5 years and the hundreds of posts I have done, you are only the third person to take offence, so I guess 99% of users are happy to deal with a person who speaks plainly rather than using company-speak. (Thanks for a very interesting question...)

Probably best you just avoid any threads where I have posted.

Cheers

Al