2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2015 12:26 PM by Saloio RSS

Guest account invitations failing

Saloio

I just completed installing a Slingbox 500 and everything seems to be working fine.... except that I've sent out three separate guest account invites, but they immediately show up as red and when I hover my mouse over the invite, it says "Invitation Failed".... any help?  The guest account functionality is one of the two reason that I purchased and installed the SB500, and if it doesn't work, it hardly seems worth it to me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Adrian

• Re: Guest account invitations failing
          krista.sling Newbie

Hello Adrian!

Thanks for joining us here on our forums!! I'm sorry you are having difficulty sending out guest access invitations. Here is a support article that gives you a couple of different options for sending out invitations and hopefully this will help you out:

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions let us know!!

~Krista

• Re: Guest account invitations failing
            Saloio

Krista.... thanks for the info, but both are options I'd already tried.  I've tried multiple email accounts (making sure its not a domain issue).  I'm a bit dissappointed with the issue.  I have mulitiple slingboxes, and don't like giving someone access to all of them... so I purchased the 500 with the intent of offering access to only THAT SB. 

Here's what my invite screen looks like:

SB500.jpg

As you can see.... I've tried inviting emails from different domains, so I know the issue is not that. 

It might be important to note that I've installed this SB500 overseas, in Portugal, specifically.... and I reside in the USA.  with very few exceptions (I can't get the same exact remote control to appear), everything else works with the box.... so I thought it odd that something as simple as invites for access should be a hiccup. 

Again... if anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks.@