1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 31, 2015 5:53 PM by e46m3fan RSS

SlingPlayer Web no longer working after last set of Win8.1 Updates

e46m3fan

I used the web based sling player on Monday night.  Everything worked fine.  Tuesday there were a bunch of Windows 8.1 Updates which I applied.

Today, I can no longer use Sling Player web interface.  It gives me the following message

"We're sorry, but your Internet Explorer App on windows is not currently supported by the SlingPlayer plug-in. Please use desktop version of Internet Explorer. Please click here for more information."

However, I am using it from the Desktop.  I have always used it from the Desktop and I have used it since I installed Windows 8.1.   No idea what changed.  Anyway to fool the player to start since it was working and I am using it from the desktop

Thanks

• Re: SlingPlayer Web no longer working after last set of Win8.1 Updates
          e46m3fan

Solved my problem but I hate what I needed to do.

I went to Slingbox.com and then I clicked on the little blue circle with a slash through it.  I to remove ALL filtering and then website worked.  I assume they did this on purpose so you cannot block ads in their player.

Anyway, the message they respond with sucks.  It should say, remove all filters so we can run ads and track you so we can sell information to others.  That would have been a better message.

Everything is working now.  Not sure what changed the setting however.