1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 11, 2010 9:36 AM by eferz RSS

Manual??

genrl

Is anyone aware of a manual for Slingbox Mobile? With all of the different screens, etc. it gets a little confusing. For instance, on the Droid, where is the program guide? The one I get is from the DirectTV guide, which is tool hard to read on such a small screen. How do you set up favorites with logos? How do you delete favorites?

Thanks.

• Re: Manual??
          eferz Expert

genrl wrote:

Is anyone aware of a manual for Slingbox Mobile? With all of the different screens, etc. it gets a little confusing.

The little documentation that's available is embedded in the software itself.  Dana describes how to find it the post that I quoted from another thread below.

Dana wrote: (https://community.sling.com/message/8579#8579)

Hi all - the documentation is in the form of the online Help pages included with this version of SlingPlayer. Help must be accessed when SPM is disconnected and in the Directory or "Disconnected page". The "Disconnected page" looks like this:

droiddirectoryMAIN.jpg

From there, tapping the Menu button on the Android device brings up this page, where you may select either Settings or Help:

settings1.jpg

Additionally (and, yes, I know many of you have seen this link already) check here for more SlingPlayer Mobile for Android help and troubleshooting:

SlingPlayer Mobile for Android Support

Hope that helps!

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

genrl wrote:

For instance, on the Droid, where is the program guide? The one I get is from the DirectTV guide, which is tool hard to read on such a small screen. How do you set up favorites with logos? How do you delete favorites?

There is no program guide or favorites for the Slingplayer Mobile client, as far as I can tell from this post (https://community.sling.com/message/8344#8344) in the Enhancement Request forms.