9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2015 4:35 PM by busettis12 RSS

m1 reconfigure and remote control

busettis12

I just bought a m1 model and installed it in Italy with a sky italia decoder. When i set it up for whatever reason did not have italy listed as country. So i tried others wihtout much success. Now I'm in the US

someone in italy resetted the slingbox, but i cant reconfigure it. Do i have to be on the home network to reconfigure it? Also, any suggestion on the remote? Should I use a different european coiuntry that has sky?

Thanks for your help !!

• Re: m1 reconfigure and remote control
          alanrichey42 Master

You can ignore the country selector, it is ONLY for the built-in TV guide and that is only supported in the USA, Canada and now Japan.   Just tell it you are in the USA, use a valid ZIP code (90210?) and tell it your provider is not listed.

If they did a hard reset then you (or someone) will have to be at the Slingbox location to run the initial setup.   If they just did a soft reset it should be fine.

Why can;t you use the same remote as before ?  or have you changed the TV source ?

busettis12

Hi Alan . Thank you for your reply! This is a first time setup. I bought a m1 model ( wish i knew there was m2 coming out. :((. ). The box is in italy. Im in the us. The first time i set it up there was only a few european countries listed. So i chose " other" .  It worked but the ir wouldnt change channel remotely. I did a hard reset. Im going to connect to a computer there through teamviewer. The dilemma will be in choosing. In going to go ahead and do the usa like u said and hopefully it will work properly with sky italy decoder so i can change channels

Sent from my iPhone

alanrichey42 Master

A couple of points: 

1.  I think you will find the M2 and the M1 are almost identical.   They certainly use the same Desktop Viewer.

2.  When you say there were a list of countries are you talking about the initial country list for your Sling account, which has lots and lots of countries, or the actual country list on the M2 (Which I thought only had the USA and Canada and Japan), which has absolutely nothing to do with the changing channels.