4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2015 3:36 PM by RSS

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Connection

ACC291173
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.1 and a new Slingbox 500.  The Slingbox installation went fine and I can access my TV from a desktop, my phone (I downloaded the app) and I used to be able to access the slingbox on my tablet.  Today I get the message on the tablet "Connection failed.  Please make sure your device and Slingbox are connected to the internet."  I have done the following:

rebooted the Slingbox

rebooted tablet

removed Slingbox app from the tablet and reinstalled

rebooted all of my network infrastructure

No luck!  Anyone have a suggestion?

-Sam

• Re: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Connection
          ACC5875434

Slingplayer for Tablets, same issue for me, has worked great for months, now this issue started yesterday.  Cleared Data, Cleared Cache, Uninstalled, Reinstalled, ..."Connection failed. Please make sure your device and Slingbox are connected to the internet."

Slingplayer on my phone works fine

ACC291173

Did you try the free player for tablets? That worked fine. When I originally set up my tablet, I specified that it go to the same channel all the time. Removing and reinstslling didn't let me "start over again". I'm going to see if after a removal there's still a directory left over. If so, I'm going to remove it and start all over again. I'll keep you posted.

ACC5875434

OK so yes I tried the free version and it works! I have a Slingbox 500 and 350, I thought the free version was advertisement supported for the newer M2.  Since we paid the $14-15 bucks for the app I thought it would be better to stay ad free.  It is interesting that this works thanks for the tip! So far no ads.

When I try and download the "paid" version it does not seem like it's really downloading and the app opens very quickly with the failed message above.

It would appear that there are a number of equally unhappy users experiencing the same problem.  There's some discussion as to whether Slingbox has done this on purpose to enhance their advertising revenue by forcing everyone to use the free version.  I'm not sure I believe that.  Sling has been around a long time and I'd be really disappointed if that was the case.  That said, I'm going to follow with an email to Sling (I spent an hour on the phone with them yesterday and they tried to be helpful).  For now, I guess we'll do the free and endure an ad or two. Good to talk with you!