3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2010 10:46 PM by eferz RSS

Set up, lose of connection

Lottoluck

I have had a SlingBox for over a year, have had a message recently it is not configured.While running the set up message comes up "Network Connection Lost", Repeated process several times,tried different ethernet cable and port. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dave

• Re: Set up, lose of connection
          eferz Expert

I recommend taking a look at the network led on the Slingbox.  If the network led is lit then supposingly it has a valid IP address and can participate on the network.  If the light is blinking then it doesn't have an IP address and is requesting an DHCP address.  If the led is off then it doesn't have an IP address and has timed out asking for a DHCP address.  If the light is dim then it is possible you have a malfunctioning AC adapater.  If the led is missing then you might have gremlins running around loose in your home.

Lottoluck

The LED Network light is on and there is a video stream in the small window when I start the process of set up , about 30 seconds later the picture freezes and the message "lost network connection appears.

eferz Expert

Ah, you might be experiencing heat related issues or hardware failures.  You might try moving the Slingbox into a well ventilated area and maybe point a fan on it to see if there's any change.  Otherwise, you may have to call into tech support to get a replacement.