3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2015 8:39 AM by RSS

Breakpoint Error - Slingbox not Responding

mblum
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Every time I attempt to restart Slingbox for my Desktop on my laptop, the program fails to respond.  After a few minutes I get a notification of some sort of Breakpoint Error.  The same thing will happen if I try again.The only way to fix this is to Uninstall and Reinstall each time I want to use Slingbox.  Obviously this is a terrible solution.  What's wrong?  How do I fix this?

• Re: Breakpoint Error - Slingbox not Responding
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello MBlum,

It sounds like your application cache isn't clearing properly on your laptop; you shouldn't have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall each time; all you need to do would be to actually clear the cache out of your computer. You can do so by following the steps below:

- Log Out Of The Desktop Player

- Click Start
          - In the Search field type in %appdata% and press enter
          - Look for, and open, the Sling Media folder
          - Open Slingplayer Desktop
          - Delete the cefCache, Logs, and Resources folders (they will be rebuilt when the player is run again)
          - Log Back Into The Player

This should fix the issue for you.

--Samantha

Hi Samantha,

This is an issue with the application as opposed to users settings - many users continue to experience this issue, which is not acceptable. Clearing appdata each time you want to use the product is also less than desirable. You disabled the webplayer with the m1 which you could previously use the 350 with - which has been a step backwards

It would be nice if sling would accept that this is a known issue (similar to the (2) unable to connect error message that chromecast users experience) and work on a solution as opposed to pushing this back on users.     

This fixes the problem, but requires that I clear the cache each time, is there a more permanent fix to resolve this problem?